STO-RE 24R - Authorizations Specialist - CLOSING DATE EXTENDED
Scientific/Tech Off R24 - Res
Dawson Creek, BC V1G 4X3 CA
Fort Nelson, BC V0C 1R0 CA
Fort St John, BC V1J6M7 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
$69,185.43 - $78,814.47 annually plus $49.75 bi-weekly Isolation Allowance for Fort Nelson
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests
Ministry Branch / Division
Job Summary Authorizations Specialist
Scientific Technical Officer - Resource 24
Amendment (November 21, 2022): The salary has been amended to reflect the 19th BCGEU Main Agreement.
Amendment (November 28, 2022): Posting closing date extended to December 18, 2022
This position is also posted as a LSO OTHR 2under REQ 93281 .
This posting is to establish an eligibility list for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies.
This position can be performed from any of the following communities: Dawson Creek, Fort Nelson, Fort StJohn.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .A challenging and rewarding opportunity in natural resource management is waiting for you
The Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development has a mandate to manage specified Crown land and resources in a manner that embraces the economic, environmental and social goals of government. These results are all essential to improving the global competitiveness of BC industry and our ability to attract private investment and to stimulate economic growth and job creation across the province. As the Authorizations Specialist, you will work in a variety of settings and provide professional advice and may make decisions regarding the allocation of resources and adjudication of resource authorizations for the Natural Resource Sector.
You enjoy researching, analyzing and evaluating information for the development of strategic land management plans. Allocating Crown land in a way that ensures its best use and minimizing its effect on other values, you utilize your knowledge of resource management and superior negotiating abilities. Effective communication skills are necessary when liaising with other agencies, leading conflict resolution, and resolving disputes with diverse stakeholders over the use of Crown land and other natural resources. If you are a motivated natural resource management specialist with the expertise and initiative to take on this important role, we look forward to your application.
The Authorizations Specialist works in a variety of settings and provides professional advice and may make decisions regarding the allocation of resources and adjudication of resource authorizations for the Natural Resource Sector.
A career with the Ministry of Forests offers an exceptional opportunity to undertake a variety of challenging and rewarding roles, while supporting a healthy work/life balance. Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: Why work for the Ministry of Forests .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Andrew.Tofflemire@gov.bc.ca
.DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet theeducation, experience and professional designation requirementas outlined below:
Preference may be given to applicants with one or more of the following:
- Degree or diploma in natural resource management or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience performing technical duties and working with key statutes that support natural resource management.
- Experience in consulting, negotiating and resolving conflicts with stakeholders in natural resource management.
- 2 or more years of resource management experience.
- Experience in supervising, leading, coaching and mentoring staff.
- Experience in fish and/or wildlife management.
- Experience in First Nations relations.
- Experience in contract administration and management.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Willingness to conduct field work which may include travel to remote areas by vehicle, boat, air or foot, overnight or extended stay in rough camp conditions and outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Valid BC driver's licence or equivalent
- Must be physically able to carry equipment and supplies in difficult terrain.
- May be required to operate field equipment (i.e., quad, snowmobile).
A Criminal Record Check (CRC)will berequired.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Scientific and Technical