STO-RE 21R - Natural Resource Specialist Position Classification
Scientific/Tech Off R21 - Res Union
GEU Work Options
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$67,728.87 - $77,012.22 annually Close Date
10/1/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests Ministry Branch / Division
FrontCounter BC Job Summary A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
The Natural Resource Specialist provides front line service, based on general knowledge of various Natural Resource Agency and other agency's legislation, regulations, policies and procedures, to clients of the provincial government's natural resource agencies. Evaluates submitted applications and prepares the application report package for further review and decision.Job Requirements:
- A Bachelor's Degree in a natural resource management related field and a minimum of one (1) year *related experience in a resource management related field; OR
- Technical Diploma in a related field and two (2) years *related experience in a resource management related field OR
- An equivalent combination of education and a minimum four (4) years *related experience in a resource management related field
*Related experience may include:
- Experience with natural resource management concepts and interpreting and applying policy and legislation
- Experience working positively and respectfully with clients, community groups, First Nations, or other government agencies and industry
- Experience using standard computer applications including MS Office, mapping tools, and/or databases
For questions regarding this position, please contact Miranda.Cant@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to 2 days at home per week subject to an approved telework agreement.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
Employees of the BC Public Service must be located in BC at the time of employment.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a comprehensive questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. The questionnaire will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Natural Resource Sector