STO-RE 18R - Revenue Technician - AMENDED
Scientific/Tech Off R18 - Res
Mackenzie, BC V0J 2C0 CA (Primary)
$58,319.24 - $66,096.20 annually, plus a $40.42 bi-weekly isolation allowance
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests
Ministry Branch / Division
Mackenzie Natural Resource District
Job Summary Revenue Technician
Scientific Technical Officer (Resource) 18
Amendment November 21: the salary has been amended to reflect the 19th BCGEU Main Agreement
This position is located in Mackenzie, BC.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
Lesser qualified applicants may be considered for this position, but at a lower classification.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Influence and engage in complex natural resource initiatives
The Ministry of Forests administers many legislative authorities for lands and resources and provides clients with a single point of access to natural resource authorizations and resource management services at many locations across the province. The Ministry is structured in 23 Natural Resource Districts within eight regions under the leadership of three geographically based Assistant Deputy Ministers.
The Revenue Technician, working with an experienced, multi-disciplinary team, provides a range of technical evaluation and advisory services to support decisions on the use of natural resources, and the achievement of resource management objectives.
Nestled in the Rocky Mountain Trench, Mackenzie provides a wealth of outdoor activities like snowmobiling, cross country and downhill skiing, hiking, mountain biking and camping. Fishing, boating, paddling and swimming sites are plentiful, including Morfee Lake, a beautiful lake right in town.
A career with the Ministry of Forests offers an exceptional opportunity to undertake a variety of challenging and rewarding roles, while supporting a healthy work/life balance. Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: Why work for the Ministry of Forests .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Dan.Szekely@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
Information and tips about how to complete your job application, including adding or editing your resume and applying for jobs, are available at the following link: Your Job Application . If you still experience technical difficulties applying for a competition, please send an email to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time
, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia .
The BC Public Service is a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please visit What the BC Public Service Offers .NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.JOB REQUIREMENTS:To be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the following:
- Registered, or immediately eligible for registration, as a Registered Forest Technologist with the Association of BC Forest Professionals. Note: Immediately eligible for registration is defined as being able to transfer a current membership from an applicable jurisdiction to the ABCFP within six (6) months of employment. Confirmation of registration/eligibility is required before an offer of employment can be made.
- Diploma in a natural resource field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- One or more years of related experience working in natural resource management.
- Experience performing technical duties and working with key statutes that support natural resource management.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Professional Designation: YES
- Please provide your registration number in your application. You must be registered as a Forest Technologist (RFT) with the Association of BC Forest Professionals, or able to immediately transfer a current membership from an applicable jurisdiction (within 6 months of employment). Confirmation of registration/eligibility with the ABCFP will be required before an offer of employment can be made. If you are currently registered as a Trainee-Forest-Technologist with the ABCFP, you may be considered, but at a lower classification level.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history, including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) and your job related responsibilities for each job in your employment history, and any relevant information that relates to this position.Questionnaire (Comprehensive): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed in the job profile. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire. Note:
for long or essay style questionnaires, we recommend saving frequently while completing it. You can also copy the questions into another document, complete it offline, then log back in and copy/paste your responses when you are ready to submit your application.IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements.
Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history, including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your job related responsibilities, accountabilities and accomplishments. Ensure your questionnaire responses are complete as your resume may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Natural Resource Sector, Policy, Research and Economics, Scientific and Technical, Trades and Operational