STO-RE 18R - Resource Technologist
Scientific/Tech Off R18 - Res
Quesnel, BC V2J 6W6 CA (Primary)
$58,319.24 - $66,096.20annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests
Ministry Branch / Division
Quesnel Natural Resource District/Cariboo Region
Job Summary Resource Technologist
Scientific Technical Officer (Resource) 18
This position is located in Quesnel and has in-office requirements.
Applicants who do not fully meet the required qualifications may be considered for this position, but at a lower classification.
An eligibility list may be established for future temporary or permanent vacancies.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .The next exciting step in your resource management career
The Ministry of Forests is responsible for stewardship of Provincial Crown land and natural resources, and protection of B.C.'s archaeological and heritage resources. Overseeing a land base of 94.8 million hectares, the Ministry supports the sustainable management of forest, mineral and land resources, the prosperity, viability and competitiveness of industries that use them, and public access for a wide range of activities such as hunting, fishing and recreation. The Ministry is responsible for policy development, operational management and implementation, and oversees over 50 statutes and associated regulations.
As a Resource Technologist in a busyoffice, you will be primarily responsible for providing a range of technical evaluation and advisory services to support decisions on the use of natural resources, and the achievement of resource management objectives. This is a dynamic position, which is highly interactive with thepublic and contributes to supporting walk-in clientele with face to face front counter client service by providing expertise and information regarding an array of issues from forest based tenures to woodlots and scaling.
If you area motivated self-starter with a Registered Forest Technologist (RFT)designation and looking for an exciting opportunity to be part of aninnovativeand collaborativeteam of natural resource professionals, we look forward to receiving your application.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact email@example.com
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education, experience and professional designation requirementas outlined below:
- Diploma or equivalent in the natural resource field.
- Registered, or eligible for registration as a Registered Forest Technologist with the Association of B.C. Forest Professionals. OR
- Enrolled, or eligible for immediate enrollment, with the Association of British Columbia Forest Professionals (ABCFP) as a forest professional in training (TFT, ASTFT, FIT, ASFIT) for the purpose of obtaining an RFT or equivalent. NOTE: Lesser qualified applicants may be under-implemented or appointed at a lower classification.
- Experience in a related field, (timber cruising, silviculture surveys, etc.).
- Valid B.C. driver's licence.
- Meet safety standards of Work Safe BC.
- May be required to operate a variety of equipment.
- Conduct field work which may include travel to remote areas by vehicle, boat, air or foot, overnight or extended stay in rough camp conditions and outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Carry equipment and supplies in difficult terrain.
Please include your registration number with the Association of BC Forest Professionals ( ABCFP ) within your applicationas you must be registered or immediately eligible for registration as a Registered Forest Technologist (RFT)with the ABCFP. If you are not yet a RFT with the ABCFP, please explain how you are immediately eligible (i.e. currently a RFT member in good standing in Alberta or Saskatchewan and can immediately transfer to the ABCFP ).Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC)will berequired.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.
Scientific and Technical