STO-RE 18R - Authorizations Technician - Closing date extended Position Classification
Scientific/Tech Off R18 - Res Union
GEU Work Options Location
Port McNeill, BC V0N 2R0 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$62,255.85 - $70,557.73 annually Close Date
1/16/2024 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests Ministry Branch / Division
Regional Operations | West Coast Region Job Summary Bring your commitment to excellence in sustainable forest management
The North Island - Central Coast Natural Resource District is seeking an experienced Authorizations Technician to join our District team. Situated on the Northern tip of Vancouver Island, Port McNeill is an affordable and family-oriented community. The office is regularly recognized as a Top 10 Workplace within the BC Public Service and is staffed with a team of dedicated forest professionals tasked with managing a diverse suite of natural resource values in a geographically large and unique area. The community of Port McNeill also serves as a gateway to awesome outdoor adventures.
The Authorizations Technician provides a range of technical evaluation and advisory services in relation to forest tenures and permits, to support decisions on the use of natural resources, and the achievement of resource management objectives and District goals. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a collaborative, energetic team environment and to gain valuable experience. If you are ready for the next step in your forestry career, consider this excellent opportunity.
A career with the Ministry of Forests offers an exceptional opportunity to undertake a variety of challenging and rewarding roles, while supporting a healthy work/life balance. Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: Why work for the Ministry of Forests .Job Requirements:
- Registered, or immediately eligible for registration, as a Registered Forest Technologist (RFT) with Forest Professionals BC (FPBC). Note: immediately eligible for registration is defined as being able to transfer a current membership from an applicable jurisdiction to the BC association within six (6) months of employment. Confirmation of registration/eligibility is required before an offer of employment can be made.
- Degree, diploma, or equivalent in a natural resource field.
- Recent experience (within the last three (3) years) performing technical natural resource-related duties.
- Basic knowledge of natural resource management and related acts and regulations.
- Valid BC Driver's Class 5 Driver's Licence or equivalent.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Kevin.Mintz@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
Amendment December 1, 2023: posting closing date extended to January 16, 2024.
This is a permanent, full time position located in Port McNeill.
This location receives a bi-weekly isolation allowance (add to pay).
Applicants who do not fully meet the required qualifications may be considered for this position, but at a lower classification.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
Check out the other opportunities we are currently recruiting for in our District: Requisition 107343 .Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants who self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations (status or non-status), Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits , great learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development options. In addition to the base salary, Registered Forest Technologists are also entitled to an allowance to cover professional fees. For more information, visit What the BC Public Service Offers .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Professional Designation: YES
- Please include your registration number in your application. You must be registered, or immediately eligible for registration, as a Registered Forest Technologist (RFT) with FPBC. Note: immediately eligible for registration is defined as being able to transfer a current membership from an applicable jurisdiction to FPBC within six (6) months of employment. Confirmation of registration/eligibility will be required before an offer of employment can be made.Cover Letter: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. Please use your cover letter to describe how your qualifications and career interests align with this position. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history, including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) and your job related responsibilities for each job in your employment history, and any relevant information that relates to this position.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a standard questionnaire (current employment status, eligibility to apply, etc.).
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time
, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Natural Resource Sector, Policy, Research and Economics, Scientific and Technical, Trades and Operational