STO 30R - Aggregate Resource Manager - CLOSING DATE EXTENDED
Scientific/Technical Off R30
Fort St John, BC V1J6M7 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Prince George, BC V2N4P7 CA
Smithers, BC V0J 2N0 CA
Terrace, BC V8G 1W2 CA
$82,578.37 - $94,300.04 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Min of Trans & Infrastructure
Ministry Branch / Division
Geotechnical Engineering Services
Job Summary Aggregate Resource Manager
Scientific Technical Officer R30
Amendment November 14, 2022: Posting closing date extended to January5, 2023
Amendment (November 21, 2022): The salary has been amended to reflect the 19th BCGEU Main Agreement.
This position is also posted as an LSO GEO 4 under REQ 93215 .
This position can be performed from any of the following communities:Prince George, Smithers, Terrace, Fort St. John.
An eligibility list may be established.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Make a difference in this rewarding career opportunity
This position provides supervision and professional oversight for the Aggregate Resource Management Program including managing staff and financial resources, managing stakeholder relationships, applying legislation, policies and professional standards in a consistent manner, participating in provincial policy development, and overseeing program delivery and professional projects. The program is responsible for managing approximately 2,300 provincial aggregate resource areas estimated at $3 billion dollars.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Satish.Prasad@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet theeducation, experience and professional designation requirementas outlined below:
- Master's degree in a related discipline with minimum 4 years' experience directly related to Aggregate Resource Management following completion of degree; OR
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline with minimum 6 years' experience directly related to Aggregate Resource Management following completion of degree; OR
- Diploma in a related discipline with minimum 8 years' experience directly related to Aggregate Resource Management.
- Experience interpreting and applying Ministry of Energy & Mines and Work Safe BC Health and Safety Regulations and Provincial Government contract policy and language.
- Project management experience in infrastructure planning, design and/or construction.
- Experience leading staff on projects or program delivery.
- Experience negotiating agreements with other levels of government or First Nations.
- Preference may be given to candidates with minimum 5 years' of technical experience in work associated with civil, geotechnical or geological engineering, related to highway construction, rehabilitation and project management, managing road design, and construction or repair projects involving multiple stakeholders.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Ability to work in an office and outdoor field environment and may require walking or hiking in difficult terrain in all types of weather and occasionally working alone in remote backcountry locations.
- Travel required within the province for periods of up to five days on a scheduled basis and occasionally on short notice.
- Must possess valid Class 5 B.C. driver's licence or equivalent.
- Meet safety standards of Work Safe BC.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC)will berequired.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES
-Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (BASIC): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Scientific and Technical