STO 27R - Spatial Team Lead - AMENDMENT
Scientific/Technical Off R27
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA (Primary)
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$75,552.53 - $86,175.83 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Min of Trans & Infrastructure
Ministry Branch / Division
Highways & Regional Services Division
Amendment on January 23, 2023: Closing date extended until February 9, 2023. Additional location (Victoria) included. A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure plans and improves transportation networks, builds new infrastructure, provides transportation services, and implements transportation policies, to allow for the safe and efficient movement of people and goods.
The Geospatial Team Lead manages Highways Spatial Services team to deliver spatial services in the Highways and Regional Services (HRS) Division to support the delivery of programs and projects across the HRS Division.Job Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in geographic information systems (GIS with a minimum of three years of GIS experience within the past five years); OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience using geospatial tools including ESRI ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online/web mapping, Python scripting, SQL, relational databases, remote sensing and related technologies.
- Experience in managing multi-disciplinary projects using analysis, report writing and presentation.
- Experience working on complex transportation and resource management issues.
- Experience preparing and presenting technical information, analyses and recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience supervising staff, administering budgets, and developing and implementing programs and policies.
- Experience in contract management.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Experience in utilizing Python scripting for automating complex geospatial workflows.
- Experience with FME.
- Experience leveraging customized spatial applications, and open source and proprietary spatial software to support client needs.
- Experience in the development and maintenance of data management policies, procedures, systems and standards.
- Experience with data modelling and identifying when creation of new spatial datasets is required.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Nicole.Folk@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary opportunities.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service can help Indigenous applicants (First Nations [status or non-status], Métis or Inuit) interested in BC Public Service job positions.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover letter: No
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: Yes
- A resume is required as part of your application; however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire (Basic): Yes
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application website. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Scientific and Technical