STO 27R - Engineering Officer Position Classification
Scientific/Technical Off R27 Union
GEU Work Options
Terrace, BC V8G 1W2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$80,652.20 - $91,992.70 annually Close Date
10/3/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests Ministry Branch / Division
District - Regional Operations Job Summary Bring your dedication to this senior opportunity
The position is focused on managing all aspects of the engineering program within a natural resource district, which includes bridges, surveys, resource roads and road design. The position also leads budgets, contracts and staff, stakeholder consultation, certification and all resource road user safety.
Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: Why Work for the Ministry of Forests .Job Requirements:
- Degree (or higher) or diploma in forestry engineering or related natural resource field (i.e. forestry) and minimum of two (2) years' of experience in road, bridge and major structures design or construction or maintenance; gained within the last ten (10) years. OR an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Registered or *immediately eligible for registration with Forest Professionals BC (FPBC) as a Registered Forest Technician (RFT) or Registered Professional Forester(RPF). NOTE: *immediately eligible for registration is defined as being able to transfer a current membership from an applicable Canadian jurisdiction. Applicants must confirm their eligibility with the (FPBC). Confirmation of registration will be required before an offer of employment can be made.
- Experience in contract and/or project supervision.
- Program management experience which may include setting program goals and objectives.
Preference may be given to applicants with one (1) or more of the following:
- Budget management experience.
- Experience supervising staff.
Provisos and Willingness Statements:
- Willing to conduct field work which may include travel and outdoor work in all weather conditions and flying in remote locations.
- Willing to operate a variety of equipment as required.
- Valid Class 5 BC driver's licence or equivalent.
- Successful completion of security screening requirements of the BC Public Service, which may include a criminal records check, and/or Criminal Records Review Act (CRRA) check, and/or enhanced security screening checks as required by the ministry (Note: It is important that you read the job posting carefully to understand the specific security screening requirements pertaining to the position).
For questions regarding this position, please contact Tara.Salmon@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position: Terrace
: Known most famously for their Kermode (Spirit) Bear, Terrace is perfect for hiking, mountain biking, camping, rock climbing, canoeing, cross-country skiing, snowmobiling and snowshoeing. The First Nations in the area, the Tsimshian, are proud to show others the First Nation's culture, which includes traditional longhouses.
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to 2 days at home per week subject to an approved telework agreement.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future permanent vacancies.
Employees of the BC Public Service must be located in BC at the time of employment.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a comprehensive questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. The questionnaire will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Natural Resource Sector, Scientific and Technical