STO 24R - Senior Development Services Officer - AMENDED, CLOSING DATE EXTENDED
Scientific/Technical Off R24
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6L8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$69,185.43 - $78,814.47 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Min of Trans & Infrastructure
Ministry Branch / Division
Saanich District Office
Job Summary This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong attention to detail and exceptional problem-solving skills.
The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure plays an integral role in promoting economic growth and meeting the social needs within the province of BC through the development approval programs it administers. The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure is the agency responsible for maintaining and rehabilitating public highways including those dedicated and constructed by subdivision plans and land use applications. The Ministry has a regulatory role established by the Transportation Act, Land Title Act, Local Government Act and other statutes. The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure works with partners and other levels of government to provide safe, efficient, cost effective movement of goods, people and resources.
Under the Direction of the Operations Manager, this position supervises the Development Approvals function and is responsible for reviewing and evaluating all land development issues requiring Ministry approval in the District. The Senior District Development Tech develops site-specific access management plans linking corridor and access management plans with/to development.Job Requirements:
*Related experience must include three or more of the following:
- Diploma from an Institute of Technology in a related discipline, or related degree, AND a minimum of four (4) years directly *related experience; OR,
- Secondary School graduation (Grade 12) or equivalent (GED), AND a minimum of seven (7) years directly *related experience; OR,
- An equivalent combination of education and directly related experience may be considered.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC Driver's License.
Preference may be given to applicants with one or more of the following:
- Reviewing and responding to zoning applications, permit applications, subdivision applications.
- Experience in a supervisory role.
- Experience with a variety of training and development methods and their application (e.g. training development and delivery).
- Experience in the area of land use planning and development.
- Experience in field services involving multiple stakeholders at various levels.
- Experience developing and maintaining effective and cooperative working relationships, inside and outside government.
- Experience interpreting and applying legislation, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Experience in the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
- Experience in land use planning
- Post-Secondary training in surveying, urban land economics, and site planning,
- Experience in surveying, highway construction, land development, customer service, and negotiation.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Sandra.Bradley@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
Amendment (January 16, 2023): Posting and eligibility list locationsupdated.
Amendment (January 23, 2023): Posting closingdate extended to January 31, 2023.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies in the following locations:Nanaimo and Victoria. There is currently one permanent position available in Victoria.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service can help Indigenous applicants (First Nations [status or non-status],Métis or Inuit) interested in BC Public Service job positions.
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover Letter: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Scientific and Technical