STO 24R - Senior Development Officer *CLOSING DATE EXTENDED* Position Classification
Scientific/Technical Off R24 Union
Prince George, BC V3L4J8 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$65,252.73 - $74,396.51 annually Close Date
12/3/2020 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Min of Trans & Infrastructure Ministry Branch / Division
Northern Region/Fort George District/Development Services Job Summary Senior Development Officer
Scientific Technical Officer R24
An eligibility list may be established.A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
The Senior Development Officer acts as a Statutory Decision Maker on development proposals within the Ministry's jurisdiction as well as provides technical reports to Provincial Approving Officers regarding proposed subdivision applications. This position develops relationships and works closely with local governments and stakeholders in ensuring compliance with legislation and regulations, public safety, and the functional integrity of the highway system. This position is responsible for managing the District Development Services program and staff.
Prince George is the largest city in Northern British Columbia, and boasts a wide variety of restaurants and entertainment, including the Prince George Symphony Orchestra. Prince George is also located next to several provincial parks, which provide camping and boating amenities.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Nicole.Comeau@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE
: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Grade 12 or equivalent and minimum seven (7) years *directly related experience or
- A diploma from an Institute of Technology in a related discipline and a minimum of four (4) years *directly related experience; or
- Degree in a related discipline, and a minimum oftwo (2) years *directly related experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
*Directly related experience must include the following:
- Experience in supervising staff or leading teams.
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and communicating clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing (including technical reports), with colleagues, contractors, the public and other agencies.
- Experience interpreting legislation, policy documents, technical reports and engineered design drawings.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Experience working with various levels of government including but not limited to Regional Districts, Municipalities, and/or First Nations.
- Experience evaluating and making decisions on applications that potentially impact the highway corridor or transportation infrastructure.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC Driver's License and be willing to operate a ministry vehicle.
CRC - A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover letter: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES -
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (STANDARD): YES
- You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.Job Category
Scientific and Technical