STO 21R - Senior Engineering Technologist *CLOSING DATE EXTENDED Position Classification
Scientific/Technical Off R21 Union
GEU Work Options
Mackenzie, BC V0J 2C0 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$67,728.87 - $77,012.22 annually, plus $43.17 bi-weekly isolation allowance Close Date
10/20/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests Ministry Branch / Division
Mackenzie District Job Summary
Bring your dedication to this senior opportunity
The position is focused on implementing engineering projects, which includes contract management, bridge, survey, resource roads, and road design to support the achievement of project and program objectives. Job Requirements:
- A degree or diploma in a natural resource field. (i.e. forestry or forest engineering) and experience in road, bridge and major structures design, construction and/or maintenance. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Registered or immediately eligible for registration with the Forest Professionals BC (FPBC) as a Registered Forest Technologist (RFT). Note: immediately eligible is defined as being able to transfer a current membership from an applicable jurisdiction to the FPBC. Confirmation of registration/eligibility will be required before an offer of employment can be made.
- Experience providing direction to contracted resources.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- 2 or more years experience in road, bridge and major structures design, construction and/or maintenance
- Must have a valid BC Class 5 Driver's Licence, or equivalent.
- Willing and able to conduct field work which may include travel by vehicle (ATV/UTV/Helicopter) and/or outdoor work in all weather conditions. Some overnight travel will be required, which may include staying in accommodations or camps.
- Successful completion of security screening requirements of the BC Public Service, which may include a criminal records check, and/or Criminal Records Review Act (CRRA) check, and/or enhanced security screening checks as required by the ministry (Note: It is important that you read the job posting carefully to understand the specific security screening requirements pertaining to the position).
For questions regarding this position, please contact Barry.James@gov.bc.ca
. About this Position:
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to 2 days at home per week subject to an approved telework agreement.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
Amendment (June 29, 2023): Closing date extended until July 20, 2023
Amendment (July 18, 2023): Closing date extended until August 10, 2023
Amendment (August 8, 2023): Closing date extended until August 24, 2023
Amendment (August 17, 2023): Closing date extended until September 7, 2023
Amendment (September 6, 2023): Closing date extended until September 28, 2023
Amendment (September 29, 2023) : Closing date extended until October 20th, 2023
Located within the Rocky Mountain Trench, Mackenzie provides a large selection of activities like snowmobiling, cross country and downhill skiing, hiking, mountain biking and camping in the summer. Fishing and boating can also be done at the nearby Morfee Lake. Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer . How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above. Cover Letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed. Resume: YES -
A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes. Questionnaire: YES -
You will need to complete a comprehensive questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. The questionnaire will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible. Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition Job Category
Natural Resource Sector, Scientific and Technical