STO 21R - Indigenous Relations Analyst
Scientific/Technical Off R21
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$60,998.61 - $69,422.06 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests
Ministry Branch / Division
BC Wildfire Service
Job Summary Indigenous Relations Analyst
Scientific Technical Officer R21
There are currently two permanent vacancies.
This position is located in Victoria or Kamloops; however, other locations with a BCWS office may be considered based on operational considerations.
An eligibility list may be established.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .A great opportunity to take the next step in your career and contribute to advancing reconciliation
The Indigenous Relations Analyst identifies opportunities for shared success in the First Nations engagement and consultation process (i.e. preparation, engagement, accommodation, decision and follow-up) and participates in negotiations with First Nations.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Carol.Loski@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
PROVISOS AND WILLINGNESS STATEMENTS:
- Degree or diploma related to the natural resource sector (e.g., forestry, resource management, agrology, environmental science), resource management (e.g. geography, environmental studies, resource management, agriculture, land planning); First Nations Indigenous or Aboriginal Studies; OR,
- An equivalent combination of natural resource post-secondary education or training courses.
- Experience negotiating, mediating and/or with conflict resolution.
- Experience working effectively, respectfully and knowledgeably with First Nations communities for mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Preference may be given to those with experience in one or more of the following:
- Participating in consultations/negotiations with stakeholders and/or First Nations.
- Conducting research and analysis related to land use, resource management, social or economic development issues.
- Project management or project coordination.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- May be required to travel overnight.
- May be required to participate in Incident Command System positions as assigned.
- To be flexible regarding ongoing changes in responsibilities, assignments and corporate structures.
- To keep current on emerging issues.
- To take in-house training and certification as required.
CRC - A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES -
A resume is required as part of your application; however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES -
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Natural Resource Sector, Scientific and Technical