STO 21R - Compliance & Enforcement Officer
Scientific/Technical Off R21
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6L8 CA (Primary)
$63,446.31 - $72,142.65 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Agriculture and Food
Ministry Branch / Division
Agricultural Land Commission
Job Summary Compliance & Enforcement Officer
Scientific Technical Officer 21
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here . Make a difference in this rewarding career opportunity
An independent administrative tribunal, the Agricultural Land Commission (ALC) is the provincial body responsible for administering the provincial Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR), governed by the Agricultural Land Commission Act (ALCA) and Agricultural Land Reserve Use Regulation. The Commission is hosted by a Ministry of the provincial government; however, the work of the ALC is carried out by an independent government-appointed Chair and board of directors who report directly to the legislature via the host minister. The work of the Commission is supported by a team of technical and professional staff.
The mandate is set out in Section 6 of the ALCA and guides all work carried out by the Commission and staff. The work of the ALC to preserve the Agricultural Land Reserve and encourage farming is focused on strategic land use policy, engagement in land use planning and compliance and enforcement, in addition to land use application review and adjudication.
To perform compliance and enforcement activities in an assigned region of the province, ranging from routine to complex investigations. This position has the authority to impose sanctions and/or recommend a course of action for non-compliance under the Agricultural Land Commission Act, Agricultural Land Reserve Use Regulation, Agricultural Land Reserve General Regulation, Bylaws, and orders of the Commission.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact D a ve.Birchmore@gov.bc.ca
.DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you. NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition. Job Requirements: In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education, experience and professional designation requirementas outlined below: Education and Experience:
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Diploma in administrative law, investigation and enforcement, criminology, resource management or a related field; OR
- Certification in administrative law, investigation and enforcement, criminology, resource management or a related field and one (1) year of related experience.
- Experience in by-law enforcement or inspection and/or investigation in a regulatory field.
- Three (3) years' experience in by-law enforcement or inspection and/or investigation in a regulatory field.
- Compliance and enforcement training such as the Justice Institute programs, or a similar education/training institution.
- Experience with the interpretation and application of any of the following: Agricultural Land Commission Act & regulations, Community Charter, Local Government Act, Environmental Management Act, or Farm Practices Protection Act.
- Investigation and Enforcement Skills Certification from the Justice Institute of British Columbia.
Successful completion of security screening requirements of the BC Public Service, which may include a criminal records check, and/or Criminal Records Review Act (CRRA) check, and/or enhanced security screening checks as required by the ministry (Note: It is important that you read the job posting carefully to understand the specific security screening requirements pertaining to the position). Provisos/Willingness Statements:
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Must be willing and physically able to conduct field work in all weather conditions.
- Must be willing and able to travel to remote areas of the province and/or extended overnight stays.
- Must have and maintain a valid B.C. driver's license or equivalent.
- Must be willing to take further training and education as directed by the organization
A Criminal Record Check (CRC)will berequired.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed. Resume:YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (BASIC):YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Compliance and Enforcement, Scientific and Technical