STO 18R - Senior Graphic Designer Position Classification
Scientific/Technical Off R18 Union
Victoria, BC V9B6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$54,933.89 - $62,318.99 annually Close Date
7/28/2020 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Min of Trans & Infrastructure Ministry Branch / Division
Engineering Systems Services Job Summary Senior Graphic Designer
Scientific/Technical Off R18
An eligibility list may be established.It's your time to Achieve, Excel and Succeed in this career building role
Engineering Systems Services (ESS) mandate is to provide technical expertise for engineering systems, graphics and GIS in development and delivery of transportation information, communications, and engineering data through a variety of sophisticated software applications, products and services.
The Senior Graphic Designer works independently creating and/or leading the design and production of a diverse variety of graphic and web-based solutions produced for internal distribution and to increase public education awareness of programs, projects and initiatives.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Nikole.Samoleski@gov.bc.ca DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:Education & Experience
Related experience must include the following:
- Diploma or higher in Graphic Design, Commercial Art, or Technical Illustration, or a related field, including training in graphic arts methods and techniques, computerized graphic applications and graphic design project management AND one (1) year of related experience; OR\
- Technical Certificate in Graphic Design, Commercial Art, or Technical Illustration, or a related field, including training in graphic arts methods and techniques, computerized graphic applications and graphic design project management AND two (2) years of related experience
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Experience leading, planning, coordinating, developing and designing of a wide variety of (graphic) print and visual materials applying theories related to colour schemes, use of space, typography, layout, motion design, usability and visual flow.
- Experience working with a high profile client base to identify graphic design and production needs and develop strategies and creative approaches.
- Experience using professional graphic, drawing, presentation and other electronic publishing software for the design and preparation of printed and graphic materials.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES -
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES -
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.Job Category
Scientific and Technical