Steel Detailer / Drafter: Harvey 2538
Desired Expertise: Mechanical Drafting, Steel fabrication drawings
Experience: 10 years plus
Occasional overtime to include weekends as dictated by project requirements.
As a Steel Detailer / Drafter, you will prepare detailed shop drawings for steel fabricators and installers to aid in the efficient manufacturing of structures, machinery, and mechanical equipment.
- Develop detailed shop drawings, specifications and Bill of Materials for industrial products and mechanical equipment using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) software in accordance with industry and company’s standards and procedures
- Produce three-dimensional models, using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Lay out and draw schematic, orthographic projections, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines. Include appropriate instructions and comments onto drawings.
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting components design, procedures, and instructions to be followed.
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery, using computer-assisted equipment.
- Coordinate and develop changes of the shop drawings/BOMs to insure proper procedures have been followed during implementation of updated documentation.
- Assist to other drafters, technologists, and technicians.
- Take part in developing reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Perform necessary field measurements to obtain accurate information for design. Must adhere to the company’s Health & Safety and Professional Conduct policies.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Drafting diploma
- Experience with 3D modeling using SolidWorks and Inventor
- At least ten (5) years’ experience producing technical shop drawings
- Requires knowledge and ability to work with MS Office Suite of products (Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of drafting standards, mathematics, science, and engineering technology
- Ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels
- Availability and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Availability and ability to travel to client sites on occasions
- Availability and ability to work overtime as needed based on project requirements
- Interaction with other team members, as well as supervisors and client personnel
- May be required to travel out of town on occasional basis to obtain project field data or attend project meetings
- Field duties may require outdoor work in a plant, facility, or terminal environment
- Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety standards
- May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes
This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given, this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on experience
Benefits package available after 3 months
Manufacturing and Production