Are you ready to take your career to new heights and be a part of a dynamic team at Rogers Sports & Media? We believe in creativity, innovation, and collaboration in everything we do, and we are looking for people who share this mindset to join us. With a monthly reach of 30 million Canadians, you can help shape the future of sports, news, e-commerce, and entertainment. At Rogers, we value diversity and inclusivity and believe that every voice matters. Join us today and be a part of a team that is redefining the future of media.
We're looking for a Station Manager
to join our team of skilled professionals in Vancouver Island.The successful candidate will work with community members and volunteers at our locations throughout the island to create outstanding, impactful local programming. What you will do:
What you will bring:
- Develop and implement the local stations' programming plans to achieve performance requirements.
- Ensure all stations' programming and promotions meets all regulatory and technical production standards.
- Mentor team members to foster creative thinking and professional growth.
- Cultivate relationships with Rogers tv stations, community organizations, leaders, vendors, and industry contacts.
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration and communication within the company.
- Assume overall responsibility for all stations' volunteer program, including recruitment, orientation, training and reporting requirements.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, legal requirements and Health and Safety Legislation.
- Provide production support as required in various roles.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Here's what you can expect in return:
- Demonstrated skills in broadcast production, project management and community relations.
- Proven ability to lead, empower and inspire staff, celebrating successes and coaching through challenges.
- The ability to translate broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans in a fast-paced environment.
- The technical knowledge and experience to effectively lead the production process and navigate complex situations.
- Adaptability and resourcefulness, with a track record of successfully leading change management initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with a passion for engaging with diverse local communities.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Business writing skills.
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the "what" and the "how"
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android, PC etc.)
- The option to work from home 2 days a week.
- Travelling to communities within the region as needed.
Schedule: Full time
Shift: No Selection
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 861 Cloverdale Avenue (7823), Victoria, BC
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Programming
Requisition ID: 295423
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes:Rogers Sports & Media
Victoria, BC, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Compliance, Law, Project Manager, Equity, Manager, Legal, Technology, Finance, Management
Apply now »
Banking, Finance and Insurance Law Enforcement and Security