Are you a Software Developer with more than 10 years of experience who is looking to take a technical leadership role as opposed to a people management role ? If you are someone who loves working across the full technology stack to build and ship high-quality software iteratively in an agile environment this role could be for you. You'll be working at the intersection of our design, product and business development teams helping to evolve our social marketing and content publishing tools.While based in Hootsuite's Vancouver office, you will report to the Sr. Director, Plan & Create. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Drive strategic architectural and design discussions and decisions.
- Design, write, test, and deploy scalable code.
- Architecting and building high-performance applications
- Building high-volume, highly available, and distributed server applications
- Mentoring junior, intermediate and senior developers
- Optimizing and applying best practices
- Help shape our technical roadmap as we scale our services and build new products.
- Maintain standards of security, reliability, performance, and quality.
- Participate in code reviews, attend regular team meetings, and apply software development best practices.
- Take ownership of your code and work autonomously when necessary
WHO YOU ARE:
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering, and at least 10 years of experience in developing and maintaining software or an equivalent level of education or work experience, and a track record of substantial contributions to software projects with high business impact
- Technical leadership experience; coaching, leading and nurturing the development of developers in new technologies and practices
- Contribution to open source projects
- Technical expertise in any of the following areas: React JS, Scala, PHP, Go, Kafka, Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience driving strategic architectural and design discussions and decisions
- Experience with React preferred, and working knowledge of web performance best practices is a must.
- An understanding of SaaS software development practice. Previous experience working on a SaaS product will be viewed favourably.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs.
- Decision Making: work with your peers and leaders to build consensus and choose a direction forward. When required, you drive this process.
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding.
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems.
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects.
Share our values:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success. Make an impact:
Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact. Learn and grow:
We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Software and Programming