is seeking a highly motivated Archaeologist
to join our global consulting firm as part of our archaeology and cultural heritage team based in Vancouver or Smithers, BC, Calgary, AB or Toronto, ON
. The successful candidate will provide technical assistance for archaeological desk and field studies within Canada. The successful candidate will work with our team to complete fieldwork, data processing and reporting tasks for numerous archaeological assessments. This is a fixed-term, hourly position until October 31, 2022, with the potential for permanent fulltime employment.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform archaeological field surveys and excavation for archaeological studies.
- Visually inspecting the land surface for presence of artifacts.
- Conduct research, report writing, processing field data, and writing site forms and field notes.
- Artifact analysis and cataloguing.
- Provide technical consulting skills to support the growth of ERM's business and client base in the area of archaeology and cultural heritage.
- Interact with other ERM service areas to share multi-disciplinary resources and best practices across the country and internationally.
- Assist with preparing proposals and reports to meet client needs.
- Travel required within Canada.
- Bachelor's degree in Archaeology or Anthropology.
- Master's degree a plus.
Who We Are:
- Archaeological field experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to carry research to completion.
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently.
- Ability to work outdoors in variable weather conditions and on varied terrain.
- Valid First Aid and Driver's License and a good driving record.
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERMwelcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Science Operations and Logistics