At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The Opportunity:
In this role you will be responsible for a variety of technical and support functions, including working with management to provide compliance related tax services to our diverse clients and assist in the preparation of US Tax filings, both individual and corporate. This is a great opportunity for someone who is eager to gain more knowledge and experience in US and cross border Tax while working with a dynamic team. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Administrative tasks such as preparing working paper files, creating and maintaining client files, and database input and maintenance.
- Provide ongoing support with the preparation of income tax returns for personal and corporate clients during busy season.
- Maintain client files to ensure accurate and timely completion of returns and schedules.
- Follow-up on notices of assessments and reassessments and other matters with the tax authorities.
- Provide support to team members in related tasks.
Keys to your success:
- Completed a post-secondary undergrad with a major or focus in Accounting/Tax.
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in a role focused on Canadian and/or US Tax, either individual or corporate or a combination of both.
- Strong team player with an eagerness for continuous learning.
- Effective computer skills: knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook is required.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with confidential information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Strong client service skills, with the ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .