Zappos Digital Customer Experience (DCE) is seeking a Sr. UX Designer to conceive of, plan, lead, and execute on new shopping experiences for Zappos that eliminate our customers' biggest barriers to purchasing shoes and apparel online.
We are looking for a designer that is motivated to solve problems and leverage new technologies to power business success. You will be responsible for driving a variety of Zappos initiatives to new heights in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment, which encourages you to wear many hats.
This is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We're a team that isn't afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to create fun and (just a little) weirdness too. If this sounds like you, apply today!
Key job responsibilities
• Analyze customer behaviors, identify opportunities to solve problems, and create cohesive, delightful experiences to our most challenging and high impact areas.
• Contribute to the architecture of near and long-term user experience visions for features and product lines across applicable devices and locales.
• Create frameworks, conceptual diagrams, user flows, wireframes, detailed visual mockups, and prototypes to communicate high-level design strategies, while also diving deep with product and engineering to implement your vision.
• Deliver high quality creative products while insisting on high standards and attention to detail.
• Present to business, design, and executive-level leadership, and support your design rationale using quantitative data and site metrics, customer feedback, and usability findings.
• Be a vocal contributor to our UX practice, building a community of practice and nurturing a thriving design culture.
A day in the life
As a Sr. UX designer, you'll work with a cross-functional, highly capable team of designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers, inventing and iterating on end-to-end product experiences. You'll develop your ideas with sketches, prototypes, wireframes and story boards, and confidently communicate your vision to senior executives to shape the best experience for our customers.
The ideal candidate will look around corners to create a cohesive vision for our customers across the end-to-end Zappos eCommerce funnel. You'll set and communicate a high bar for design strategy, patterns, and influence across the DCE organization. You will champion best practices and processes needed to drive design-led, customer-obsessed solutions. You will be responsible for independently developing and socializing experiences that drive engagement and excitement throughout the organization.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years professional experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, or product designer or related.
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Design, or a related field, or commensurate industry experience.
• Portfolio of work demonstrating ability to create customer experiences across a range of touch-points as well as proficiency in UI and interaction design.
• Proficiency in design software such as Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience working cross-functionally and synthesizing feedback and input from leadership, product management, engineering, and research.
• Ability to work across organizational boundaries and manage ambiguity to define, manage, and prioritize work.
• Experience presenting to and advising senior management; able to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the organization in both written and verbal communication.
• Past experience in designing for fashion services or style-based brands or companies.
• Retail/e-commerce design experience in a global context.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Creative and Graphic Design