DESCRIPTION Are you a Time Series database expert? Do you like to help solve the most complex and large-scale database challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new database technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use Cloud computing web services to build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost? Do you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights using Cloud computing technologies?
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
At AWS, we're hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on both migrating and implementing new time series solutions on the cloud. This role will specifically focus on Amazon Timestream.
You would be one of the founding members of a dynamic team bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to bear on the difficult cost and agility challenges facing many organizations. The business development and accounting management teams will help accelerate the adoption of AWS as the leading cloud technology platform.
The ideal candidate will …
Be great fun to work with. Our company credo is "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". As the right candidate, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge.
Enjoy working with customers and partners. You have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for some of the world's largest and most important organizations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Design Customer Solutions - Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use Amazon Timestream
• Devise Strategy - and engage with Solution Architects, Account Managers, Professional Services and Partners to define a Database & Analytics engagement strategy for AWS operational territories and key accounts.
• Thought Leadership - Provide global thought leadership on Database solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as the AWS Database Blog, Whitepapers and Reference architectures, as well as internal training of Solution Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Trainers
• Serve as a key member of the Specialist Solutions Architecture team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
• Assist solution providers with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the worldwide AWS solution architect community.
• Identify key use cases and associated reference architectures for AWS market segments and industry verticals.
Open to domestic travel of 35%
This role can be located in any of the following cities: Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto
• 5+ years design and implementation experience with NoSQL technologies such as Neptune, DocumentDB, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, and Redis.
• 5+ years experience with SQL and Relational databases.
• Professional experience in software development using languages like Python, Java, Go, and Node.js
• Technical degrees in computer science, software engineering, or mathematics or 10 years equivalent work experience; working knowledge of modern software development practices such as agile methodologies and DevOps.
• Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
• Experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations, for complex mission-critical solutions
• Deep operational knowledge of time series technologies such as: InfluxDB, TSDB, Prometheus, Druid, ClickHouse, and Data Historians
• Experience with NoSQL technologies such as Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, DynamoDB
• Professional experience influencing and building mind-share convincingly with a varied audience
• Professional experience speaking publicly to large audiences.
• Experience with AWS services related to databases highly desirable, particularly Amazon Timestream, Amazon Aurora, AWS Lambda, Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon Elasticsearch, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2 Container Service, Amazon Kinesis, etc.
• 3+ years working with streaming and messaging technologies such as Kinesis, Kafka, RabbitMQ, MQTT
• Hands-on experience with AWS.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records