We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated and passionate security system validation specialist to work closely with field service and developer team. This System Testing Specialist will focus on investigating issues reported by customers and verify Fortinet solutions based on customer's requirements. If you are someone who likes to work with real-life cases and deliver quality software, this opportunity is right for you!
This position is based in Burnaby, BC.Job Responsibilities
Job Skills Required
- Work with project manager and developers on case assignment.
- Develop and maintain test plan/cases for software image delivery with feature or bug fixes.
- Be able to quickly understand customer network environment and more importantly, quickly setup test environment in order to verify feature or reproduce critical customer issues.
- Provide knowledge transfer to peer engineers
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking, routing/switching protocols, firewalls, VPN technologies
- Hands-on experience of Routers, Switches and Firewalls
- Extensive knowledge of application protocols: HTTP/FTP/SMTP/IMAP
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Deep working knowledge of Windows, UNIX or Linux
- Knowledge of the virtualization technologies: VMWare, QEMU/KVM, AWS, Openstack etc.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language: Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python, etc.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
- Self-managing and able to successfully handle simultaneous projects.
- Work under delivery and customer pressure.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is desirable
- Vendor certifications like CCNA, CCNP, CCIE,JNCIS,JNCIP,JNCIE etc is a plus.
Software and Programming Information Technology