Do you have a passion for making developers more productive? Do you want to get in on the ground floor and help to build a product suite that will change the way thousands of developers build their customer experiences on the Amazon.com website? Then join the Amazon Developer Platform team!
The mission of the Amazon Developer Platform team is to accelerate Amazon.com shopping experience development via empowering and delighting developers. In the team, we build tools to help builders write, test, debug, launch and monitor their experiences quickly and easily across multiple platforms. The goal of the team is to optimize the inner loop of development workflows that targets the Amazon Retail website and beyond, whether it is mobile or desktop or web or native. We are a small, focused and rapidly growing team with an abundance of growth and impact opportunities.
As a Sr. Engineer role on the Developer Platform team, you will be responsible for leading the design and development of the end-to-end developer experience across all 50+ teams and be the key technical advocate with partner teams. You will work with senior leaders across Amazon, finding solutions to multi-dimensional problems and driving a consistent tooling experience across the different parts of the Amazon.com product portfolio.
In this role you will also:
• Be the Technical lead of our developer engineering team to build the self-serve user experience and tools that live at the core of this developer experience.
• Be a key contributor to our team strategy and roadmap, focused specifically on self-serve customer success.
• Be responsible for developing a deep understanding of the needs and challenges facing the diverse set of developers who build on the Amazon.com website today.
• Build higher level abstractions and components that developers can easily incorporate into their flow.
• Work cross-functionally with our product teams, many other engineering teams, and partner developers to design and implement the Amazon Retail developer platform.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systemsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years solid experience working in the industry.
• 2+ years of experience in full stack development (front-end, middle tier and back-end).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership and drive
• Proficient software system design.
• Thorough understanding of service oriented architecture, distributed systems, workflow management.
• Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities. Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
• Self-directed nature, entrepreneurship spirit and flexibility to wear many hats.
• Passion for customer/user experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming