Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) helps protect networks, users and data from continually evolving threats. As a global leader in high-performance network security and a market leader in unified threat management (UTM), we enable businesses and governments to consolidate and integrate stand-alone technologies without suffering performance penalties. Unlike costly, inflexible and low-performance alternatives, Fortinet solutions empower customers to embrace new technologies and business opportunities while protecting essential systems and content. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California with offices around the world. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a challenging and rewarding environment for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team. Learn more at www.fortinet.com .
Fortinet is looking for a detail oriented Software Development QA Engineer to join our team of experts to eliminate software defects. This team member will support the Software Development team in creating tests, executing tests, and detecting software defects. If you are excited about figuring out problems and solving software related issues, apply now!Job Responsibilities:
Job Experience Required:
- Develop and maintain developing QA test environment.
- Reproducing and troubleshooting the bug with developer.
- Write QA tests and report on issues found in new software and reliability thereof
- Hands on in bug fixing current products.
- Operations experience in Unix/Linux environment is essential
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, or another configuration management and deployment system
- Strong HTTP knowledge at the protocol level
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, firewalls, switching and routing is essential
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Highly motivated and responsible quick learner
- Familiar with system installations, configurations, and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language: Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python, etc
- Able to read and understand at least one higher level language, e.g. C
- Knowledge of general QA procedures and methodologies as well as develops fundamentals
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Posted: July 20, 2017
Closes:September 18, 2017