Would you like to accelerate cloud computing adoption at the Enterprise level? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) by engaging with worldwide public sector organizations who are reinventing their IT strategy with AWS cloud computing? Do you have the business savvy, public sector industry experience, and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
As a Bid and Proposal Manager for the Worldwide Public Sector team at AWS, you lead our effort to deliver game-changing solutions to Canadian customers. You have the exciting opportunity to create strategies to build mindshare and broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon SimpleDB, Amazon RDS, etc). Your responsibilities include working with all members of the AWS Public Sector Sales team to develop winning, innovative proposals including written responses for Requests for Tender, RFIs/RFQs/RFPs (RFx); oral presentations and demonstrations; and unsolicited documents and white papers.
The ideal candidate possesses demonstrated public sector proposal management and technical writing experience and the proposal process development and leadership necessary to effectively support a high growth business. The candidate has industry background that enables them to develop win themes and technical discriminators for inclusion into proposals, a contracts background that enables them to easily interact with legal staff, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with technical leaders, software developers, and solutions architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions in a written context. The candidate should be familiar with Canadian acquisition guidelines, have supported international pursuits, and be experienced with any regional RFx compliance requirements.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a member of the AWS Canadian Public Sector team supporting proposal responses to RFx opportunities.
• Execute the RFx proposal response plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. Capture, Marketing teams, Service teams, Legal, Solution Architects, Compliance, etc.).
• Develop win themes, technical discriminators, and innovative pricing strategies working with AWS stakeholders specific to Canadian RFx opportunities.
• Contribute to RFP response requirements and ensure proposal compliance, and act as the primary interface for RFx response efforts.
• Provide input to a library of approved proposal content for quick-turnaround opportunities.
• Understand and navigate Canadian public sector contracting vehicles and tender procedures.
• Be a thought leader with preparing/developing proposal responses, win themes, technical discriminators, pricing, etc.
•7+ years of proposal management experience supporting public sector customers
•Ability to develop appropriate thematic graphics using standard desktop tools.
•Customer-focused and self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through.
•A good understanding of public sector procurement and contract vehicles.
•Excellent communicator who can quickly earn the respect of the team and customers.
•Must have the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
•Acts in accordance with vision, mission, and established goals.
•Candidate will have excellent writing skills, be both technical and analytical, and possess substantial experience supporting proposal responses to RFx opportunities.
•Fluent in French
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.