TEKMAR CONTROLS - BUSINESS OF THE YEAR, VERNON BC CANADA
The Senior Product Manager role is responsible for managing the commercial performance of Tekmar branded and OEM products through its lifecycle. Key responsibilities include curation of the portfolio strategy, new product development & commercialization, and financial performance. The Sr. product manager is also responsible for the development of Intercompany products in support of the Smart & Connected strategy of Watts Water Technologies. Product Manager roles within Watts are viewed as development roles for general management tracks.
This position is located on site, in Vernon British Columbia, Canada. The primary focus within the Watts portfolio, is to grow the business and prospect opportunities for the tekmar brand products.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Accountable for the development and execution of the tekmar branded and OEM product portfolio strategy, including value proposition, value delivery model, product roadmaps and product lifecycle (new product development through obsolescence)
- Accountable for maximizing performance of product line(s) as measured via orders / sales growth, profitability and cash-flow generation
- Responsible for adherence to product line base cost targets to ensure fit with overall global plan while ensuring investments in technology, marketing, etc. are adequate to accomplish product line goals
- Accountable for ensuring products developed follow standard unified guidelines across Watts business units and creates synergies within other business unit platform
- Accountable for the development and execution of New Product Development launch [NPD] plans, including but not limited to coordination of internal and external resources, investment budgets, marketing campaigns/ content, and sales plans
- Responsible for major reviews including Business Plans, Strategy Plan, Annual Operating Plan, and other periodic estimates that are required by the business. Inputs will include financial projections (orders, sales and profitability by product line) and specific commitments for growth from commercial programs and new product development launches
- Works with sales and marketing team to develop/improve product line go-to-market strategy and ensure sufficient and effective sales resource and channel partner strategy/management
- Understands market need, trends and competitor intelligence for the given Product Line(s). Design, develop, track, and update competitive intelligence and market penetration database
- Focal point for global intelligence/ expertise on competition, standards and policy position
- Creates and/ or supports the creation of training materials and lead training sessions to educate customers and Watts sales personnel on product technical features and benefits - Travel is required to support training activities
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
We are committed to attracting and managing the best talent globally. We seek to attract and promote employees who demonstrate an ability and willingness to:
1. Collaborate Across Workgroups
2. Communicate Effectively
3. Deliver High Quality Work
4. Drive for Results
5. Initiate Positive Change
6. Focus on the Customer
7. Provide technical expertise
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering (Mechanical preferred) and/or Marketing degree with strong technical understanding mainly in HVAC applications for over 3+ years
- MBA is preferred
- Required to manage multiple direct reports ranging from Product Specialists to other Product Managers
- Ensure company policies are followed
- Enforce company safety policies
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of related Product Management experience ideally within target markets relating to the specific product line (HVAC) with proven successful track record
- Proven success in developing and implementing both strategic and financial business plans
- 3+ years with proven leadership ability to lead virtual teams and work across a Global matrix organization
- Strong influencing skills; Ability to Inspire, influence, mentor/coach and build a high-performance cross-functional team in a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively discuss both commercial and technical aspects of a project to all stakeholders, including executive level communication
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with an emphasis on building strong team relationships
- Strong process development/deployment skills within an organization.
- Proactive, creative work style and a self-starter
- Excellent computer skills required; advanced level in MS Office, Visio, Adobe Acrobat
- Solid organizational skills including attention to details and multitasking skills
- Strategic thinker and visionary with a passion for new technologies.
- Customer-centric; must be able to understand how customers value the product features and able to perform Voice of customer
- Excellent project management skills and ability to lead a team with multiple cross platforms
- Position is required to be physically in Vernon, BC.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of IoT-connected systems and comfortable with new emerging technologies
- Understanding of electronics and high-tech manufacturing processes
- Relevant technical experience in Residential or Commercial HVAC systems with a focus on Automation and Control Systems
- Sales Channel Management experience is a plus
- Leading New Product Development programs within a structured multi-disciplinary process such as Stage Gate
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
How to Apply
- Works in an office/laboratory environment and in a manufacturing setting
- Ability to move throughout the manufacturing and office areas
- Alternate between sitting, standing, lifting of items and moving within work area.
- Must be able to manipulate equipment used in performance of tasks
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting.
- Able to travel into the United States and Europe (up to 30%)
- Position is located in Vernon, British Columbia, Canada
- Must have a valid driver's license
Interested applicants please send in a cover letter and detailed resume to:
Our Company's Job Portal at - http://www.wattswater.com/careers
Search Vernon BC Canada > "Senior Product Manager" job postings and upload your resume.
Mail or drop off resumes are also welcome to: Attn: Human Resources | Tekmar Control Systems | 5100 Silver Star Road | Vernon, BC | V1B 3K4 .