The Fulfillment Optimization (FO) team is responsible to develop and support technologies that enable the optimal use of Amazon and subsidiary transportation, operations, and delivery networks. We believe that through investment in new transportation, operations, and delivery technologies, we will consistently improve internal and external customer experience, and increase confidence and trust in Amazon as the single, best option to get what you want when you want it. We are seeking a talented, scrappy and driven Senior Product Manager.
As a Senior Product Manager for FO, you will identify opportunities to improve our technologies and drive initiatives to capitalize on these opportunities. You will work with research scientists, engineers, business stakeholders, and peers to design, develop, test and deploy technology that supports our quickly evolving and growing network.
This role is a highly visible and critical position within Amazon with significant customer impact. A successful candidate will have an established background in operations and transportation, product management with strong technical ability, project management skills, great communication skills and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
In this role, you will :
• Monitor impact of global supply chain and transportation performance on customer experience
• Develop and apply sophisticated quantitative analysis to produce actionable insights
• Work closely with business intelligence teams to build scalable data architectures
• Establish and own vision for products and manage feature backlogs for functional areas
• Exercise judgment prioritizing between competing initiatives
• Provide clear direction and relevant communication to data science, engineering, and senior leader stakeholders regarding business performance and project statusBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 4 years of professional experience delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Demonstrable expertise extracting, manipulating and understanding data to do draw conclusions and drive business results
• Experience developing new metrics and monitoring systems to increase understanding of business performance
• Strong organizational skills
• Experience defining business objectives and practical strategies to achieve them
• Experience defining detailed product requirements and working with data science and engineering teams to deliver on your visionPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Professional product or project management experience
• MBA or similarly relevant advanced degree in an applied science such as Economics
• Professional experience defining products and working with business and technical leaders to bring them to market
• Experience developing SQL queries and working with related business intelligence systems and tools
• Experience developing predictive models and performing data mining and analysis utilizing advanced data analysis tools and statistical software packages for multivariate regression, correlation and predictive analysis
• Demonstrates relentlessly high standards
• Ability to think creatively, deal with ambiguity and manage changing priorities
• The ability to communicate clearly with senior leadership and coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive