SR. MECHANICAL ENGINEER / DESIGNER: Harvey 2309
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and evaluate system concepts and options to determine the best design and engineering solution for each project, based upon the project scope
- Design mechanical systems including the preparation of engineering calculations including load calculations, equipment selection and layout throughout the life of the project
- Coordinate with other design team members including the architect and the electrical and structural engineers to ensure mechanical systems are integrated with all disciplines.
- Work with code authorities as required for approval of the plans or if code related questions arise
- Coordination with Contractors during project tender and construction.
- Attend project meetings and conduct site reviews.
- Commitment to meeting project deadlines
- Mentor junior design/AutoCAD staff.
Education and/or Experience
- Applicable post-secondary education (i.e. Mechanical Engineering Technician/Technologist or Degree)
- 4 years plus of direct industry experience
- P. Eng. or EIT status
- Knowledge of and proficiency in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of and proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficient in using HAP software.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- People orientated, open-minded team player
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Positive attitude and professionalism
- Ability to conceptualize building mechanical and plumbing systems
This is a fulltime position
Salary is based on current working experience
Benefits package available after 3 months