At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". At AWS, we believe in thinking big, we're looking for someone motivated to be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenges that impact the business and help build the future with us.
As a Manager, Solutions Architect you will partner with customers, AWS Sales, and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. In collaboration with sales, you should help drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. As a trusted customer advocate, you should help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions. You should seek out opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broaden the use of the AWS platform across the customer's organization. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
As an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Manager, Solutions Architect you are joining a team that invests in your success by providing a comprehensive learning program. The AWS Solutions Architecture team provides an opportunity to work in an open environment that includes self-paced learning, instructor-led training, hands-on projects, and job shadowing opportunities to develop your knowledge of the AWS ecosystem of services and solutions. The ideal candidate has a curious mind, a thirst for knowledge, and a desire to understand how technology works. By working backwards from defined customer outcomes, you achieve results that delight AWS customers. You enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and develop new ones so you can make meaningful contributions to long-term customer success.
• Serve as a leader for the SA team, and a key member of the business development team.
• Hire, enable, and develop an industry-leading team of solutions architects
• Build deep relationships with customers to become a trusted advisor for their most critical workloads that support their digital transformation and journey to the cloud.
• Support achievement of revenue objectives through the adoption and migration of applications, software, and services onto the AWS platform, in partnership with the sales team.
• Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
• Contribute to AWS internal and customer-facing publications such as white-papers and blogs as a means of scaling your knowledge.
• Act as a liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and support to address customer needs.
• All travel is temporarily on hold. The candidate must be open to travel within the city or province and up to 15% out of province as required for customer meetings when travel resumes.
We offer a flexible work environment to help you balance your work and personal life, while still remaining customer obsessed.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7 years in a technical management role experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Demonstrated success as a technical team manager, someone who knows how to hire, develop, and retain high quality technical talentPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT managers, and developers
• Technical degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent work experience.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.