You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity
KPMG's Enterprise practice helps clients manage risk so they can focus on their core businesses. By intimately understanding each client's business, we convert information into insights to uncover hidden opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance.
We are currently looking to hire a Senior Manager to complement our energetic and high caliber team. This role will ideally suit a professional with a strong business development ability and a proven track record of great technical skills. If you are looking for excellent development prospects and a career challenge, our growing practice which supports a diverse client group in the Greater Vancouver region may be the opportunity for you. There is potential for this role to be based out of any of our Greater Vancouver offices, including Langley or Vancouver.
As part of our growing practice the Senior Manager will apply KPMG's accounting and tax practices & methodologies to client engagements and have the ability to manage relationships with clients, practice leaders, and junior staff. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Manage client engagements including Notice to Reader, Review Engagement, personal and corporate tax
- Become a trusted private enterprise business advisor to clients, ensuring service expectations are met with new and existing clients
- Lead client meetings and present financial statements and other client deliverables
- Participate in the practice group to assist in implementing the business plan.
- Work with members of the Enterprise Core Services management group to meet the goals of the group's financial plan.
- Counsel, train, and mentor Enterprise staff in the areas of career development, core and industry specific.
- Strong business development acumen and technical competencies.
- Apply KPMG's accounting practices/methodologies to client engagements.
- 8+ years of experience working in public practice accounting.
- Must have a Canadian CPA designation or international equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage staff through effective delegation.
- Strong mentoring and performance management skills.
- Excellent client service skills, with the ability to understand the clients' businesses.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships.
The seasonality of our practice for assurance and tax can accommodate flexibility in a work arrangement. Professionals seeking modified hours or full-time seasonal employment are strongly encouraged to apply. KPMG offers many advantages:
• Competitive salary
• 50 hours of personal time for personal/family emergencies
• Staff pension plan.
• Comprehensive group benefit plan
• Lifestyle spending account
Working alongside our clients and professionals, you will also find at KPMG an exciting and rewarding environment, as well as global career opportunities in the KPMG network.
KPMG is among the best employers in Canada and was recently recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 employers in 2020 for a 14th consecutive year. The well-being and professional development of our talent is our priority. Come build your future with us!
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.