Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union Location:
British Columbia (CA-BC), Help Headquarters Job Type:
Full-Time Together, we help empower you to achieve what's important in your life. What's the job?
The Senior Manager, Data Science leads a team of Data Scientists that are responsible for applying advanced analytical techniques to drive real business value for Coast Capital Savings through innovative and data driven decision support. This role is responsible for creating the vision and roadmap for advanced analytics and machine learning that aligns with our Coast Strategy and executing that vision in close collaboration with partners in Enterprise Analytics as well as key stakeholders. The incumbent uses strong communication and story-telling skills to influence senior leaders with actionable insights. What else will you get to do every day?
Who are we looking for?
- The application of quantitative skills (Mathematics & Statistics) and methodological approach to ensure a disciplined approach to analysis and data mining
- Ability to create algorithms, apply 'scoring' of data
- Lead the Data Science team responsible for developing advanced analytical solutions to support key business goals
- Coach and develop team members as necessary to develop and maintain high standard of output
- Engage with senior stakeholders to understand and translate key business challenges into analytics solutions, leveraging ML approaches where appropriate
- Develop effective model management processes and performance framework to enable operational ML solutions
- In collaboration with Enterprise Analytics partners develop a multi-year AI/ML strategic roadmap focused on driving transformational results through analytics
- Minimum 10+ Years of Job Related Experience
- Extensive experience in advanced analytics and data science, managing and leading analytics teams
- Financial services experience preferred
- Advanced degree or certification in Data Science, Analytics, Mathematics or Statistics preferred
- Deep expertise with analytical tools such as SAS, MATLAB and cloud technologies such as AWS Sagemaker
- Advanced Experience with coding and scripting languages such as Python, R, SQL
- Advanced experience with ML and deep learning algorithms, methods, platforms and processes
- Understanding of machine learning theory and predictive modeling lifecycle
- Knowledge of Data Management, Data Governance, and technical architecture required to enable advanced analytics capabilities
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We're not all the same and we like it that way. We don't just accept differences - we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.