SR JAA - Senior Judicial Administrative Assistant Position Classification
Sr Judicial Admin Assistant Union
Prince George, BC V3L 3H9 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$28.8216 - $32.6119 hourly Close Date
6/24/2021 Job Type
Temporary Assignment (TA) Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Attorney General Ministry Branch / Division
Provincial Court Judiciary Job Summary Senior Judicial Administrative Assistant
Senior Judicial Administrative Assistant
This is a part-time (0.5 fte)temporary opportunity until approximatelyFebruary 2022. A permanent appointment may result from this temporary assignment.
This position is excluded from union membership.
An eligibility list may be established.Use your outstanding administrative skills to contribute to the legal protection of British Columbians The Provincial Court of BC sits at over 80 locations throughout the Province and hears criminal, family, youth, and civil claims as well as traffic and municipal by-law matters. The Chief Judge of the Provincial Court is appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council and is responsible for assigning Judges and Judicial Justices, and designating court facilities for the hearing of cases within the jurisdiction of the court and for providing administrative direction to Judges, Judicial Justices, and Judiciary staff. The Office of the Chief Judge (OCJ) is the administrative headquarters for the Provincial Judiciary, and is based in downtown Vancouver.
The Senior Judicial Administrative Assistant (Sr.JAA) provides confidential secretary services to the Provincial Court Regional Administrative Judge, the Provincial Court Judges and Judicial Case Managers. The position is responsible for providing office coordination for the judicial district and secretarial, receptionist and administrative support. The Sr. JAA communicates with all levels of the provincial and federal government judiciary, the Chief Judge, Court Services staff, Crown counsel, members of a police department and members of the public.Why Work for us!
- This position is Monday to Friday, with schedules operating between 7:30am - 5:00pm.
- We encourage maintaining a healthy work-life balance and we provide shifts, on average, of 70 hours per pay period; with an option for Flex Days.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes: Basic and Extended Health and Dental, Group Life Insurance, an Employee and Family Assistance Program, subsidies for continuing education, and a Pension Plan that ranks among the best!
- We are committed to continuing to be an employer of choice, providing a professional environment Where Ideas Work . For more information, please visit What The BC Public Service Offers You.
Prince George is the largest city in Northern British Columbia, and boasts a wide variety of restaurants and entertainment, including the Prince George Symphony Orchestra. Prince George is also located next to several provincial parks, which provide camping and boating amenities.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For advice and guidance on applying and/or preparing for an interview for this opportunity, we invite applicants to connect with the Indigenous Applicant Advisor Amanda by email: IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or by phone: 778-698-1336.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact HR.Posting@provincialcourt.bc.ca DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Four years' administrative/ secretarial experience/ court clerk required, of which 1 year is in a legal capacity;
- Significant experience/training in keyboarding (50 wpm preferred);
- Experience with current MS Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel;
- Proven high-level experience in editing and proofreading;
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience editing Judgments;
- Preference may be given to applicants with machine dictation or transcribing experience;
- Preference may be given to applicants who have completed a Legal Secretary or Legal Administration Course;
- Or equivalent combination of Education and Experience.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
Enhanced Security Screening will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
:Cover Letter: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES
-Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (STANDARD): YES
- You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.Job Category
Administrative Services, Court and Judicial Services