Sr. Estimator - Structoral Steel
Location: Vancouver, BC
Industry: Structural Steel
Our client, a major structural steel company in Canada, is looking for a Chief Estimator to join their team. This is a great opportunity for an experienced estimator to advance their career with a company that boasts an extremely low turnover.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Eric Williams at email@example.com or 604.689.867 extension 241 for more information.
• Established company, they have been in the industry for over 30 years
• One of the country’s top structural steel companies with large projects across North America.
• They have a wide variety of projects including bridges, arenas/stadiums and mines.
• Extremely low turnover – many projects on the go and many more in their future.
• Full autonomy on projects – be the estimating expert within the team
Reporting to the General Manager, the Estimating Manager will be responsible for:
• Mentoring and leading a team of 3 estimators
• Establishing unit and labour costs, productivity factors and location impacts
• Planning and preparing detailing, fabricating and delivery schedules and milestones
• Compiling and preparing technical and commercial terms and conditions for bid submissions
• Participate in client negotiations and award meetings
• 10+ years of experience in structural steel
• Civil or Structural Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
• Proficiency with industry software – XSteel, Fabtrol etc.
• Ability to read and interpret structural and architectural drawings
• Red Seal in Metal Fabrication
• 2 years of experience as a welder of metal fabricator
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
• Salary: $90,000-100,000 per annum
• Vacation: 3-4 weeks
• Excellent RRSP match
• Extended Medical, dental, paramedical, and paid MSP
• Performance bonus
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Eric Williams at email@example.com for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.
RELATED INFORMATION & JOBS:
Further job opportunities and construction news: Follow me on LinkedIn https://ca.linkedin.com/in/ewilliams15
About Impact Recruitment Inc.
Impact Recruitment is Western Canada's top specialized Recruitment Firm. With the ability to service every position within an organization, Impact is the ideal partner for your growing company.