Sr. Estimator for Structural Steel / Miscellaneous Steel: Harvey 2528
- The Sr. Estimator will have in-depth knowledge and experience of steel fabricating and installation processes.
- You will possess good business acumen and analytical abilities.
- In addition to being an excellent communicator, candidates should also be detail orientated with outstanding organizational skills.
- Your central goal will be to prepare accurate detailed quantity takeoffs and estimates for projects by gathering information, analyzing important metrics, and conducting regular risk assessments.
- Ability to read both Structural and Architectural drawings
- Download project plans and specifications
- Identify labor, materials, time constraints, related costs, and other requirements by thoroughly reviewing client tender invitations and project documents
- Conduct risk assessments to account for regular and elevated risk factors (such as weather, schedule, special materials, labor requirements, contractual requirements, etc.)
- Be able to interpret Project Specifications and tender requirements and submit completed tenders according to bid instructions
- Perform detailed quantity take-offs with speed and accuracy
- Collect competitive quotes from subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers
- Review prime and subcontracts and identify risks to the company
- Prepare detailed shop and field estimates including the tender/proposal letter with terms and conditions
- Prepare budget estimates as requested by customers
- Review and assess cost estimates to ensure accuracy and relevance
- Prepare Bonding applications, if necessary
- Attend site visits as necessary to determine access and site conditions
- Attend pre-award or award meetings
- Follow up submitted tenders or budgets with customers
- If awarded, follow the project to ensure that estimated costs follow the forecast plan
- Assist the Project Managers with estimating extras and change orders
- Prepare detailed reports for Management to inform them of future estimating opportunities
- Project management of ‘smaller’ projects as required
- Other duties as may be reasonably required to benefit the company and or as requested by Management
- Minimum of 5 years plus relevant experience in structural steel and miscellaneous metals estimating for both shop and field
- Basic knowledge of Contract Law and Accounting
- Degree in Business, Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS) or Construction Estimator Certificate (CSC) would be an asset
- Outstanding mathematical skills
- Strong understanding of both metric and imperial conversions
- Proficient in relevant software including Google, Microsoft 365 (MS Excel & Word), Bluebeam, etc.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Analytical and strong problem-solving abilities
- Some knowledge of the Canadian Institute of Steel Construction (CISC) is an asset
- Must own a vehicle to travel to construction jobsites and meetings
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on experience
Benefits package after 3 months
Manufacturing and Production