A career in our Credit and Incentives practice, within State and Local Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients solve their business issues related to business restructuring, adoption of new tax laws, and communicating local tax developments. You'll help with assessing our client's state and local tax burden and recommend solutions that support their overall business objectives to ensure that their filling positions are consistent with good business practices and with the states applicable tax laws and rules.\n\nOur team helps our clients create a proactive and value added credits and incentives programme, utilising elements that provide information, analysis, tracking, and communications. You'll help our clients identify federal and state tax credits and incentives for their industry, quantify and qualify the potential tax opportunities, and increase eligible tax credits and economic incentives based on a payroll data analysis.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.What to consider before applying
• This role is based out of our Vancouver office
• This role doesn't support completion of the Canadian CPA designation Purpose-led work you'll be part of
As a Manager, you'll work with a team of professionals to help our clients with the preparation of their tax incentive claims. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• You are an experienced Mechanical or Chemical Engineer with varied hands-on experience in heavy industrial environments including the likes of mines, pulp and paper mills, sawmills, cement plants, refineries, oil and gas facilities, or other similar manufacturing environments. You may also have an understanding of electrical engineering and ESG
• You have experience with the SR&ED tax credit program including preparing and supporting heavy industry based SR&ED claims
• You keep up-to-date on your SR&ED knowledge including legislation, application policies, case law and Canada Revenue Agency administrative practices
• You have an intellectual curiosity and a desire for continuous learning
• You have the demonstrated ability to ask the right questions and elicit relevant information from technical people
• You are highly motivated, and will use your relationship development skills to network with and market our SR&ED services to existing and prospective clients
• You have a proven client-service orientation and a demonstrated ability to understand different technologies in your interactions with clients
• You work well both independently and as part of a collaborative team
• You will use creative problem-solving skills to apply the SR&ED rules to client opportunities and the skill and experience needed to lead claim preparation and review engagements Experiences and skills you'll use to solve
• An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work
• Bachelors or Masters of Applied Science / Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mining l Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or related discipline
• Prior SR&ED experience including writing and supporting SR&ED claims
• Proven success with sales and relationship management
• Strong client-service orientation focused on achieving high quality, timely and profitable results
• Excellent written and oral communication skills combined with intellectual curiosity and creative problem-solving abilities Why you'll love PwC
We're inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you'll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc . Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like. Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future
At this time, PwC does not require, but strongly encourages, full vaccination in order to access its offices. Some of our clients may require vaccination and other restrictions to be in place to access their premises. You may, therefore, be required to be vaccinated and comply with all other restrictions where applicable. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating, based on client, team and individual needs.
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We're committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We're committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.