SPO MH 25 - Integrated Practice Clinician Position Classification
Social Prog Off (CYMH) R25 Union
Powell River, BC V8A 5G7 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$36.7980 - $41.9716 hourly plus 1 Grid Temporary Market Adjustment Close Date
8/28/2020 Job Type
Regular Part Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development Ministry Branch / Division
Service Delivery, SDA 25 - Coast/North Shore Job Summary Integrated Practice Clinician, CYMH
Social Program Officer (CYMH) 25NOTE:
Due to present physical distancing requirements related to COVID-19, the recruitment process for this competition will take place virtually.
* This is a permanent part-time position.
* An eligibility list may be established for future part time permanent and/or temporary vacancies.
* Applicants who do not fully meet the required qualifications may be considered for this position, but at a lower classification.Be a part of a dedicated team who is passionate about achieving our vision of an inclusive and supportive community where children, youth and their families thrive.
An integral member of a multi-disciplinary Community Mental Health Team and in coordination with other community agencies and professionals, you provide a range of mental health services to children, youth and their families, when the child or youth is suffering from serious emotional, psychological, behavioral or psychiatric illness.
As a Clinician, you provide direct clinical services such as intake, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and crisis intervention for children, youth and their families. Consulting with community agencies, schools, hospitals, and other ministry programs, you understand the importance of being involved in community education, development, coordination and prevention/early intervention programs. You build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders in the community to ensure that conflicts are resolved and appropriate outcomes are achieved.
This is your opportunity to work with families facing difficult challenges and help make a difference.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Patricia.Rycroft@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.JOB REQUIREMENTS:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experienceas outlined below:
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Masters' in Social Work, Educational Counselling, Clinical Psychology OR Child and Youth Care OR comparable graduate degree at the Master's level, OR equivalent.
- NOTE: If your degree was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services ( ICES ). Please indicate in your resume (include a copy of the approval; if in progress), proof must be provided on or by the closing date of the posting).
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience working in child and youth mental health services, with responsibility for providing a wide range of community based mental health services.
- Experience in providing direct interventions around the trauma-based behaviours of children and youth.
- Experience providing a variety of outreach and community-based work-related activities.
- Must possess and maintain a valid class 5 BC Driver's license with no restriction or equivalent (i.e. from another Canadian Province).
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Two (2) years or more of experience working with children and youth and their families, with responsibility for providing a wide range of community based mental health services plus experience in a CYMH or CYMH-related program.
- Two (2) years or more of experience in providing direct interventions around the trauma-based behaviours of children and youth.
- Experience working in environments requiring assertive case management.
- Experience working in environments where youth with concurrent disorders were treated.
- Experience and an understanding in of a variety of treatment theoretical backgrounds including, but not limited to, Modified Interaction Guidance, Circle of Security, Zones of Regulation, Behaviour Therapy and Trauma-Informed Practise.
- Experience in providing psychoeducational and treatment groups to children, youth and adults.
- Experience working in developing programs or through programs experiencing significant change and transition.
Please refer to the Job Profile for the full list of willingness/ proviso requirements.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA)will berequired.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Cover Letter: YES -
A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES -
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) -
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.Job Category