SPO MH 25 - Eating Disorder Clinician, CYMH **CLOSING DATE EXTENDED Position Classification
Social Prog Off (CYMH) R25 Union
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$68,546.51 - $78,183.63 annually plus 1-Grid Temporary Market Adjustment at the full working level Close Date
10/25/2021 Job Type
Temporary (Auxiliary) Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development Ministry Branch / Division
Service Delivery Division, SDA 31 - South Vancouver Island Job Summary Eating Disorder Clinician, CYMH
Social Program Officer (CYMH) 25 AMENDMENT OCTOBER 8: This posting has been extended to close on Monday October 25, 2021.
There are currently 2 temporaryopportunities in Victoria,1 Full Time and1 Part Time. These temporary assignments may be extended or become permanent.
An eligibility list may be established for futuretemporary or permanent vacancies.Be a part of a dedicated team who is passionate about achieving our vision of an inclusive and supportive community where children, youth and their families thrive.
An integral member of a multi-disciplinary Community Mental Health Team and in coordination with other community agencies and professionals, you provide a range of mental health services to children, youth, adults,and their families, when they are suffering from serious emotional, psychological, behavioral or psychiatric illness.
As a Clinician, you provide direct clinical services such as intake, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and crisis intervention for children, youth, adults,and their families. Consulting with community agencies, schools, hospitals, and other ministry programs, you understand the importance of being involved in community education, development, coordination and prevention/early intervention programs. You build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders in the community to ensure that conflicts are resolved and appropriate outcomes are achieved.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For advice and guidance on applying and/or preparing for an interview for this opportunity, we invite applicants to connect with the Indigenous Applicant Advisor Amanda by email: IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or by phone: 778-698-1336.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
If you are ready to embark on a new career opportunity - please consider this rewarding career with the BC Public Service!
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact email@example.com
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experienceas outlined below:
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Masters in Social Work, Educational Counselling, Clinical Psychology or Child and Youth Care or comparable graduate degree at the Master's level, or equivalent.
- NOTE:If your degree was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services ( ICES ). You must provide a basic report by the closing date of this posting to be considered.
- Minimum of one year full-time equivalent experience working with children, youth, adults,and their families, with responsibility for providing a wide range of community based mental health services.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Two years or more of experience working with children, youth, adults,and their families, with responsibility for providing a wide range of community based mental health services.
- Experience working with adults in group facilitation.
- Recent experience (within the last 5 years) working in a multi-disciplinary setting providing treatment and assessment for clients suffering from eating disorders.
- One year or more of experience with family counselling.
- Training and experience in delivery of evidence-based interventions for individuals with eating disorders.
Please refer to the Job Profile for the full list of willingness/ proviso requirements.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA)will berequired.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying. A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.Job Category
Health Services, Social Services