SPO-MH 24 - High Intensity Outreach Clinician - Closing date extended Position Classification
Social Prog Off (CYMH) R24 Union
GEU Work Options
Kelowna, BC V1Z 2S9 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$83,071.20 - $94,789.47 annually which includes a 4 Grid Temporary Market Adjustment* Close Date
12/10/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development Ministry Branch / Division
MCFD/CYMH/DKF Job Summary This is your opportunity to work with families facing difficult challenges and help make a difference
An integral member of a multi-disciplinary Community Mental Health Team and in coordination with other community agencies and professionals, you provide a range of mental health services to children, youth and their families, when the child or youth is suffering from serious emotional, psychological, behavioural or psychiatric illness including those presenting with Psychosis and Concurrent Disorders on an outreach basis.
As a High Risk/OutreachClinician, you provide direct clinical services such as intake, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and crisis intervention for children, youth and their families. Consulting with community agencies, schools, hospitals, and other ministry programs, you understand the importance of being involved in community education, development, coordination and prevention/early intervention programs. You build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders in the community to ensure that conflicts are resolved and appropriate outcomes are achieved.
If you are ready to embark on a new career opportunity - please consider this rewarding career with the BC Public Service!Job Requirements:
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Masters in Counselling, Social Work, Educational Counselling, Clinical Counselling, Clinical Psychology or Child and Youth Care or comparable graduate degree at the Master's level in a similar subject may be considered.
- NOTE:If your degree was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services ( ICES ). You must provide a basic report by the closing date of this posting to be considered.
- Minimum of one year full-time equivalent experience working with children and youth and their families, with responsibility for providing a wide range of community based mental health services.
- Must possess and maintain a valid class 5 BC Driver's licence with no restriction or equivalent (i.e. from another Canadian Province).
- Two years or more experience working with children and youth and their families, with responsibility for providing a wide range of community based mental health services.
- One year or more of recent experience providing services to individuals experiencing problematic substance use and mental health challenges.
- Recent experience providing services utilizing an outreach model.
- Recent experience providing services utilizing a strength-based case management model and multi-disciplinary wrap around services.
- Applicants who self-identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuit with the required combination of education and experience.
Please refer to the Job Profile for the full list of willingness/ proviso requirements.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Lucy.Luo@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
Amendment2023/11/07: Posting closing date extended to2023/11/30.
Amendment2023/11/22: Posting closing date extended to2023/12/10.
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to 2 days at home per week subject to an approved telework agreement.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
Employees of the BC Public Service must be located in BC at the time of employment.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
Kelowna is known for its spectacular selection of wineries, and it is set on the shores of Okanagan Lake, providing water activities like swimming, paddling, windsurfing and fishing. Big White, the ski mountain in Kelowna, allows for skiing and snowboarding.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover Letter: No-
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES -
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES -
You will need to complete a standard questionnaire (current employment status, eligibility to apply, etc.).
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Community and Social Services