SPO-CP 24R (Growth) - Child Protection Worker - Closing Date Extended Position Classification
Social Prog Off-Child Prot R24 Union
GEU Work Options
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$65,844.70 - $84,134.34 (Growth) annually, plus a 3-Grid Temporary Market Adjustment at the full working level, effective May 1, 2023 Close Date
6/9/2023 Job Type
Temporary (Auxiliary) Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development Ministry Branch / Division
Service Delivery, SDA 13 - Thompson Cariboo Shuswap Job Summary Grow your social services career with the BC Public Service! Join a team united by a shared commitment to maximize the potential of every child in BC
The Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) promotes and develops the capacity of families and communities to care for and protect vulnerable children and youth, and supports healthy child and family development to maximize the potential of every child in B.C. The Ministry is responsible for regional and province-wide delivery of services and programs through dedicated ministry social workers that support positive and healthy outcomes for children, youth and their families.
We are looking for dynamic individuals who are devoted to helping others and improving the lives and wellbeing of children and families. When you pursue a career as a Child Protection Worker, you are choosing a meaningful role in supporting the lives of British Columbians. In this Child Protection Worker position, you work with a mindset of curiosity and respect to recognize the strengths and needs of children, youth and families. You are agile and flexible in your responses to needs, focusing on the strengths of individuals, families, communities and cultures. You have a sincere commitment to invest in relationships and community, practicing from a place of connection.If you are ready to embark on a new career opportunity - please consider this rewarding career with the BC Public Service!JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants may be considered who meet the preferred OR expanded credentials and experience requirements.1. Preferred Credentials:
2. Expanded Credentials:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Social Work OR Child and Youth Care OR Master of Education in Counselling Psychology/Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology with completion of a practicum in family and child welfare OR
- In-service Ministry of Children and Family Development employees who have a SPO 24-30 base position that requires delegation under the Child, Family and Community Services Act (CFCSA).
- NOTE: If this education was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services ( ICES ). You must provide a comprehensive report and the MCFD supplemental report by the closing date of this posting to be considered; OR A candidate may be considered equivalent when they are registered and a member in good standing with the BC College of Social Workers or has a letter from the College confirming that their application for registration has been approved.
Human Services fields include:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Human Services field OR Bachelor's Degree witha Major/Honors in a Human Services OR Master's level graduate Certificate/Diploma in a Human Services field AFTER the completion of an unrelated Bachelor's Degree.
- PLUS, a minimum of two years of recent related OR job-specific work experience.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- NOTE: If this education was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services ( ICES ). You must provide a basic report by the closing date of this posting to be considered.
Psychology, Sociology, Criminology, Anthropology, Early Childhood Education, Indigenous Studies, Education, Theology or Nursing.Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Preferred education credentials AND/OR in-service Ministry of Children and Family Development employees who hold a regular SPO 24-30 base position that requires delegation under the Child, Family and Community Services Act (CFCSA).
- Previous recent work experience (within last 5 years) in Child Protection.
- Child Welfare Specialization from an accredited British Columbia university and who have completed their practicum in a child welfare setting.
- Experience working with indigenous children, families and communities.
- Those who currently have full delegation (C6) or have been fully delegated (C6) within the past 2 years, under the Child, Family and Community Services Act (CFSCA).
- Applicants who self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) with the required combination of education and experience.
Please refer to the Job Profile located in the additional information section at the bottom of the posting for:
- Applicants may be considered who have not yet graduated but have completed all required courses and are able to provide a letter from their educational institution confirming completion of degree requirements.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC Driver's License with no restriction or equivalent (i.e. from another Canadian Province).
- Salary placement based on education and experience.
- A full list of applicable settings for *related experience.
- Definition of job specific experience.
- Willingness/proviso statements.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Nadine.Ryan@gov.bc.ca About this Position:
Amendment May 26, 2023: Posting closing date extended to June 9, 2023.
There are two (2) full-time temporary opportunities available until June 30, 2024. This temporary posting is not limited to the geographic area. For applicants located outside of the geographic area mileage and meal allowances may be available (Travel Status).
These positions will be based in Kamloops but provide service to Williams Lake, 100 Mile House, Clearwater, Salmon Arm, Revelstoke, Merritt, Lillooet, and Ashcroft. Travel between these communities will be required.
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to one (1) day at home per week subject to an approved telework agreement.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary vacancies.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or 778-405-3452.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume required: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a basic questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Community and Social Services