SPO 30R - Team Leader, Integrated Services Position Classification
Social Prog Off R30 Union
GEU Work Options
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$88,152.35 - $100,665.30 annually Close Date
9/24/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development Ministry Branch / Division
Service Delivery Division Job Summary Provide direction and leadership and make a difference in your community!
The Team Leader, Integrated Services works with diverse community partners to deliver a broad range of services. The position is pivotal in establishing and implementing the multi-disciplinary and culturally appropriate approach to service delivery. This position will provide direction, leadership and support to staff within these teams for professional and integrated services delivery and must ensure adequate clinical support is provided as well as staff training and development.
Employing superior collaborative skills, you establish productive working relationships with community partners and provincial, federal and non-governmental agencies, act as a liaison and participate on internal and external committees as designated by the Director of Operations. A highly effective leader, you focus on staff development, collaborative practices and developing community partnerships. Your dedication to excellence creates a motivated team capable of delivering high standards of quality service to clients.
Reporting to the Director of Operations for Under 12 Child Safety, this position will be responsible for the supervision of fully Delegated Child Welfare staff serving both non- indigenous children youth and families out of the Westshore MCFD office. If you are ready for a leadership role and an exciting new career, we look forward to your application.If you have a passion for leadership and supporting children, youth and families, we encourage your application!Job Requirements:
Applicants may be considered who meet the preferred OR expanded credentials and experience requirements1. Preferred Credentials:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Social Work or in Child & Youth Care OR Master's Degree in Educational Counselling Psychology/Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology with completion of a practicum in family and child welfare OR
- In-service Ministry of Children and Family Development employees who have a regular full working level SPO 24-30 base position that requires delegation under the Child, Family and Community Services Act (CFCSA).
2. Expanded Credentials:
- NOTE: If this education was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services ( ICES ). You must provide a comprehensive report and the MCFD supplemental report by the closing date of this posting to be considered; OR A candidate may be considered equivalent when they are registered and a member in good standing with the BC College of Social Workers or has a letter from the College confirming that their application for registration has been approved.
- At least 2 years of job-specific work experience.
- Experience supervising staff.
Human Services fields include:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Human Services field OR Bachelor's Degree witha Major/Honors in a Human Services field OR Master's level graduate Certificate/Diploma in a Human Services field AFTER the completion of an unrelated Bachelor's Degree.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- NOTE: If this education was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services ( ICES ). You must provide a basic report by the closing date of this posting to be considered.
- Minimum 1 year of related work experience and at least 2 years of job-specific work experience OR At least 3 years of job-specific work experience.
- Experience supervising staff.
Psychology, Sociology, Criminology, Anthropology, Early Childhood Education, Indigenous Studies, Education, Theology or Nursing.Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Preferred education credentialsAND/ORin-service Ministry of Children and Family Development employees who hold a regular SPO 24-30 base position that requires delegation under the Child, Family and Community Services Act (CFCSA).
- 6 months or more experience supervising staff.
Please refer to the Job Profile located in the additional information section at the bottom of the posting for:
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC Driver's License with no restriction or equivalent (i.e. from another Canadian Province).
- A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) will be required.
- Must be eligible for C6 delegation under the Child, Family and Community Services Act (CFSCA)
- A full list of related work experience.
- Definition of job specific experience.
- Willingness/proviso statements.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Alison.Hurst@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to 2 days at home per week subject to an approved telework agreement.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
Employees of the BC Public Service must be located in BC at the time of employment.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover Letter: NoResume: YES-
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES -
You will need to complete a comprehensive questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. The questionnaire will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR.If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Leadership and Management, Social Services
Management and Executive