SPO 30R - Team Leader, Integrated Services
Social Prog Off R30
Fort St James, BC V0J 1P0 CA (Primary)
$79,530.36 - $90,884.16 annually (plus $38.87 Bi-weekly Isolation Allowance)
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development
Ministry Branch / Division
Job Summary Team Leader, Integrated Services
Social Program Officer R30Please note this is an ongoing posting without a scheduled close date. Applications will be reviewed on a regular basis, and the close date will be added to the posting with a minimum of 2 weeks' notice.
An eligibility list may be established.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
This location is currently eligible for a retention incentive which is available to all regular permanent Social Program Officers residing in Hard to Recruit (HTR) designated communities across the province. In addition to the re-imbursement of relocation costs (where applicable), the incentive program provides the following:
- Up to a maximum of $6,000 annual lump sum payment to regular permanent full-time Social Program Officers in the SPO R18 to SPO R30 classifications* OR
- Up to a maximum of $3,000 annual lump sum payment to regular permanent full-time Social Program Officers placed in the SPO Growth Series (SPO Growth to SPO R24 classifications) **
*Full payment of the incentive is based on regular eligible classifications (SPO R18 to SPO R30) working in an approved location for the full fiscal year (April 1 to March 31). A pro-rated incentive payment may be provided to candidates who work a partial year and/or part-time hours.
**Full payment of the incentive is based on regular eligible classifications (SPO Growth Series) working in an approved location for the full fiscal year (April 1 to March 31). A pro-rated incentive payment may be provided to candidates who work a partial year and/or part-time hour.Provide direction and leadership and make a difference in your community!
The Team Leader, Integrated Services works with diverse community partners to deliver a broad range of services. The position is pivotal in establishing and implementing the multi-disciplinary and culturally appropriate approach to service delivery. This position will provide direction, leadership and support to a team of travelling child protection workers and a social work assistant. This position must ensure adequate clinical support is provided as well as staff training and development. This multidisciplinary team includes child protection intake and family services, guardianship and youth services, and out of care services.
Employing superior collaborative skills, you establish productive working relationships with community partners and provincial, federal and non-governmental agencies, act as a liaison and participate on internal and external committees as designated by the Director of Operations. A highly effective leader, you focus on staff development, collaborative practices and developing community partnerships. Your dedication to excellence creates a motivated team capable of delivering high standards of quality service to clients. The Fort St. James office provides child protection services to 5 indigenous communities in the area: Nak'azdli Whut'en, Yekooche First Nation, Binche Whut'en, Tl'azt'en Nation, and Takla Nation. You will work closely with these communities, and with two Delegated Aboriginal Agencies: Nezul Be Hunuyeh Child & Family Services and Carrier Sekani Family Services. If you are ready for a leadership role and an exciting new career, we look forward to your application.
Fort St. James is a beautiful community that sits next to Stuart Lake, with water-skiing and fresh-water fishing excursions available. Snowboarding and downhill skiing are popular, as well as cross-country skiing just north of town at Murray Ridge. Fort. St. James is surrounded by various First Nation communities, and festivals are a common occurrence.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For advice and guidance on applying and/or preparing for an interview for this opportunity, we invite applicants to connect with the Indigenous Applicant Advisor Amanda by email: IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or by phone: 778-698-1336 .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Cathryn.Iannone@gov.bc.ca DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
Information and tips about how to complete your job application, including adding or editing your résumé and applying for jobs, are available at the following link: Your Job Application . If you still experience technical difficulties applying for a competition, please send an email to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
,before the stated closing time
, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.JOB REQUIREMENTS:To be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Applicants may be considered who meet the preferredORexpanded credentials and experience requirements.1. Preferred Credentials:
2. Expanded Credentials:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Social WorkORChild and Youth CareORMaster of Education in Counselling Psychology/Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology with completion of a practicum in family and child welfareOR
- In-service Ministry of Children and Family Development employees who have a SPO 24-30 base position that requires delegation under the Child, Family and Community Services Act (CFCSA).
- NOTE:If this education was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services ( ICES ). You must provide a comprehensive report and the MCFD supplemental report by the closing date of this posting to be considered; OR A candidate may be considered equivalent when they are registered and a member in good standing with the BC College of Social Workers or has a letter from the College confirming that their application for registration has been approved.
Human Services fields include:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Human Services fieldORBachelor's Degree witha Major/Honors in a Human ServicesORMaster's level graduate Certificate/Diploma in a Human Services fieldAFTERthe completion of an unrelated Bachelor's Degree.
- PLUS, a minimum of two years of recent relatedORjob-specific work experience.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- NOTE:If this education was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services ( ICES ). You must provide a basic report by the closing date of this posting to be considered.
Psychology, Sociology, Criminology, Anthropology, Early Childhood Education, Indigenous Studies, Education, Theology or Nursing.Additional Experience Requirements:
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
- Minimum 2 years experience working as a fully delegated child protection worker in a legislated child protection agency and/or managing/supervising a team of child protection workers. Preference may be given to applicants who have recent experience in this area (within the last 5 years).
- Minimum 6 months experience supervising staff. Preference may be given to applicants who have 12 months or more accumulated experience supervising staff in a similar/related role.
- Eligible for delegation under the Child, Family and Community Services Act (CFSCA). Preference may be given to applicants who currently hold or who are eligible for C6 delegation.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Preferred education credentialsANDin-service Ministry of Children and Family Development employees who hold a regular SPO 24-30 base position that requires delegation under the Child, Family and Community Services Act (CFCSA).
- Applicants who self-identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuit with the required combination of education and experience.
Please refer to the Job Profile located in the additional information section at the bottom of the posting for:
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC Driver's License with no restriction or equivalent (i.e. from another Canadian Province).
- A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) will be required.
- A full list of applicable settings for *related experience.
- Definition of job specific experience.
- Willingness/proviso statements.
- Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies.
Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Leadership and Management, Social Services
Management and Executive