SPO 30R - Regional Manager
Social Prog Off R30
Burnaby, BC V3J 1N3 CA (Primary)
$82,578.37 - $94,300.04 annually
Temporary Assignment (TA)
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development
Ministry Branch / Division
Specialized Intervention and Youth Justice/Youth Forensic Psychiatric Services
Job Summary Regional ManagerSocial Program Officer R30
This is a full-time temporary opportunity untilDecember 31, 2023. Board and lodging and relocation expenses do not apply. A permanent appointment may result from this temporary opportunity.
This position is also as a Nurse 9 under REQ 94153
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .It's Time to Achieve, Excel and Succeed
Youth Forensic Psychiatric Services (YFPS) is mandated to provide inpatient and outpatient Court-ordered and Court- related assessment and treatment services to young persons pursuant to the Youth Criminal Justice Act as well as other relevant federal and provincial statutes. YFPS also provides services to young persons found unfit to stand trial and those youth found not criminally responsible due to a mental disorder (NCRMD), pursuant to the Criminal Code of Canada.
Services are provided through outpatient clinics and contracted service providers located throughout the province. An inpatient assessment unit (IAU), located in Burnaby provides mental health services to BYCS. Regional outpatient clinics located in Burnaby, Langley, Vancouver, Victoria, Nanaimo, Prince George, Kamloops and Kelowna service the five macro regions of the North, the Interior, Vancouver Island, South Burnaby and the Lower Mainland.
Assessment and treatment services for youth may include specialized treatment services for: youth who may have committed violent or sexual offences; youth who have offended and are experiencing mental health, behavioural, drug and/or alcohol addictions problems; and youth in custody facilities who are in need of mental health services.
The Regional Manager manages one of Youth Forensic Psychiatric Services regions and is one of five macro-regional managers reporting to the Director.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Susan.Stapleton@gov.bc.ca DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
Information and tips about how to complete your job application, including adding or editing your résumé and applying for jobs, are available at the following link: Your Job Application . If you still experience technical difficulties applying for a competition, please send an email to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time
, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.JOB REQUIREMENTS:To be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Preference may be given for:
- Masters Degree in Social Work (Clinical Specialty or equivalent training/education), Educational Counselling, Clinical Psychology, Child and Youth Care, or equivalent.
- NOTE:If your degree was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services ( ICES ). You must provide a basic report by the closing date of this posting to be considered.
- Minimum of three years of post degree clinical experience providing adolescent, outpatient oriented mental health assessment and treatment services.
- Minimum of three years recent supervisory experiences which has included program coordination or program management.
- Must possess and maintain a valid class 5 BC Driver's licence with no restriction or equivalent (i.e. from another Canadian Province).
- Recent (within the past 5 years) experience working in both inpatient and outpatient psychiatric settings.
- Experience working in a forensic psychiatric facility.
- Applicants who self-identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuit with the required combination of education and experience.
Successful MSW candidates must be registered with the British Columbia College of Social Workers (BCCSW). As a condition of employment, successful MSW prepared candidates are required to seek and obtain clinical registration with their regulated professional body within 12 months of employment.Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Leadership and Management
Management and Executive