SPO 24R (Growth) - Resource Worker - AMENDED Position Classification
Social Program Officer R24 Union
GEU Work Options
Nelson, BC V1L 6K1 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$65,844.70 - $84,134.34 (Growth) annually Close Date
6/1/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development Ministry Branch / Division
Service Delivery, SDA 11 - Kootenays Job Summary Apply your expertise in a role where you can make a positive difference for the children of B.C.
The Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) promotes and develops the capacity of families and communities to care for and protect vulnerable children and youth, and supports healthy child and family development to maximize the potential of every child in B.C. The Ministry is responsible for regional and province-wide delivery of services and programs that support positive and healthy outcomes for children, youth and their families.
The Resource Worker
has the crucial responsibility of ensuring that children and youth in care are receiving placement resources that meet their unique individual needs. This involves developing and maintaining a range of placement options, such as foster homes, group homes and specialized/staffed residential placements.
As a Resource Worker, you are an effective communicator with a collaborative approach, you establish vital working relationships with staff, the community and other stakeholders. You will be responsible for supporting foster families, monitoring placement services and working with child protection teams in district offices. You may also conduct home studies, out-of-care assessments and liaise with non-residential contract resources in this role.
If you are ready to embark on a new career opportunity - please consider this rewarding career with the BC Public Service!Job Requirements:
Applicants may be considered who meet the preferred OR expanded credentials and experience requirements
1. Preferred Credentials:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Social Work OR Child and Youth Care OR Master of Education in Counselling Psychology/Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology with completion of a practicum in family and child welfare OR
- In-service Ministry of Children and Family Development employees who have a SPO 24-30 base position that requires delegation under the Child, Family and Community Services Act (CFCSA).
- NOTE: If this education was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services ( ICES ). You must provide a comprehensive report and the MCFD supplemental report by the closing date of this posting to be considered; OR A candidate may be considered equivalent when they are registered and a member in good standing with the BC College of Social Workers or has a letter from the College confirming that their application for registration has been approved.
2. Expanded Credentials:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Human Services field OR Bachelor's Degree witha Major/Honors in a Human Services OR Master's level graduate Certificate/Diploma in a Human Services field AFTER the completion of an unrelated Bachelor's Degree.
- PLUS, a minimum of two (2) years of recent related OR job-specific work experience.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- NOTE: If this education was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services ( ICES ). You must provide a basic report by the closing date of this posting to be considered.
Human Services fields include: Psychology, Sociology, Criminology, Anthropology, Early Childhood Education, Indigenous Studies, Education, Theology or Nursing.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Preferred education credentials AND/OR in-service Ministry of Children and Family Development employees who hold a regular SPO 24-30 base position that requires delegation under the Child, Family and Community Services Act (CFCSA).
- Eligible for delegation under the Child, Family and Community Services Act (CFCSA).
- Applicants who self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) with the required combination of education and experience.
- Applicants may be considered who have not yet graduated but have completed all required courses and are able to provide a letter from their educational institution confirming completion of degree requirements.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC Driver's License with no restriction or equivalent (i.e. from another Canadian Province).
Please refer to the Job Profile located in the additional information section at the bottom of the posting f or:
- Salary placement based on education and experience.
- Definition of recent and a full list of related work experience.
- Definition of job specific experience.
- Willingness/proviso statements.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Greg.Kormany@gov.bc.ca About this Position: Amendment May 19, 2023: Amended About this Position Below
There is currently one 6-month part-time (35 hours bi-weekly)
temporary opportunity available in Nelson until October 31, 2023.
Temporary vacancy may be extended OR a permanent appointment may result from this temporary appointment.
This temporary posting is not limited to the geographic area. Board and lodging and relocation expenses do not apply.
Flexible work options are available;this position may be able to work up to 1dayat home per week as per the Telework Agreement.
An eligibility list may be established for future full-time and part-time
permanent and/or temporary vacancies.
Located in the heart of the Selkirk Mountains, Nelson is home to a large variety of outdoor activities, and its proximity to Whitewater Ski Resort allows for skiers of all levels to test out the Nelson powder. Nelson also hosts events all year long, such as the Cottonwood Farmers Market and music festivals.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a comprehensive questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. The questionnaire will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR.If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Community and Social Services