Position Summary ** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
Do you have a passion for nursing? Do you want to extend your nursing knowledge? We have a training opportunity that may interest you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team in the Emergency department at Mills Memorial Hospital.
Provides and coordinates nursing care with current standards of nursing practice and the Clinical Specialty of Critical Care & Emergency Care Nursing. Clinical experience to independently work in Emergency is required. BCIT Emergency/Critical Care Nursing Specialty Program Details
• There are 6 training positions available for 2023/2024
• Northern Health provides placement support and funding for tuition, textbooks, and travel expenses for clinical placements, as required
• Successful candidates may be required complete pre-requisite courses through part-time distance education, on their own time, prior to assuming this position
• Learners should expect to make a 8 - 12 month commitment for this education, which includes online and in-person learning
• Additional study time, outside of scheduled hours, may be required to successfully complete the program
• Flexibility for practicums is necessary
• Applicants must successfully complete the education program prior to working in the department
• Upon successful completion of the education program, Northern Health requires an eighteen (18) month return of service in a regular position in the area of nursing applicable to the education program. • Qualified applicants will be considered first for specialty positions. If there are no qualified applicants, training lines will be awarded to unqualified applicants and training will be provided.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, Days - 08:00 to 16:00 Mills Memorial Hospital
is a 52 acute care bed hospital and provides the only inpatient psychiatric unit in the northwest. They offer emergency services, and has a diagnostic and specialist center which includes CT scan and nuclear medicine. Visiting specialists come for obstetrics/gynecology, psychiatry, general surgery, urology, ophthalmology, otolaryngology, anaesthetics, radiology, nuclear medicine, pathology, otorhinolaryngology (ENT), podiatry, pediatrics and internal medicine. Community cancer and chronic disease management clinics are available. Terrace
has a population 12,700 (2021) residents. The community of Terrace is northern living at its best. Snow-capped mountains, pristine glacier-fed rivers, lakes and streams all add to the beauty of this community. Check out Terrace where there is always something new to experience.What Northern Health has to offer you!
•Comprehensive benefit packages including, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
•Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
•Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
•Employee referral program
•Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
•Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
•"Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.Qualfications
•Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives a practicing RN registrant.Skills and Abilities:
•Ability to manage all equipment appropriate for the provision of care for patients admitted to the critical care and acute care units.
•Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
•Ability to deal with others effectively.
•Ability to work well on own with minimal supervision.
•Ability to assist in orientation of new personnel.
•Ability to organize and prioritize work.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
Education and Training Health Care