Position Summary ** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
Do you have a passion for nursing? Do you want to extend your nursing knowledge? We have a training opportunity that may interest you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team in the Emergency department at McBride and District Hospital.
To carry out functions to meet the objectives of the department of nursing of the Mackenzie and District Hospital in a manner that complies with the philosophy of the nursing department and meets the goals and objectives of the Mackenzie and District Hospital. Directly responsible to the Health Service Administrator. UNBC NURS 455 Emergency Training Program Details
• There are 1 training position available for 2023/2024
• Northern Health provides placement support and funding for tuition, textbooks, and travel expenses for clinical placements, as required
• Learners should expect to make a 4 - 8 month commitment for this education, which includes online and in-person learning
• Additional study time, outside of scheduled hours, may be required to successfully complete the program
• Flexibility for practicums is necessary
• Applicants must successfully complete the education program prior to working in the department
• Upon successful completion of the education program, Northern Health requires an eighteen (18) month return of service in a regular position in the area of nursing applicable to the education program. • Qualified applicants will be considered first for specialty positions. If there are no qualified applicants, training lines will be awarded to unqualified applicants and training will be provided Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days, Nights - 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00, rotating McBride and District Hospital
is a three acute care bed hospital with eight long term care beds, one respite bed and one palliative care bed. It offers 24-hour emergency services, outpatient services, full time laboratory and medical imaging. In the adjoining health centre, they offer primary care, mental health, and substance use, well woman's and foot care clinics. Visiting specialists come to the clinic for orthopedics and renal treatment. McBride
, situated in the beautiful Robson Valley with a population of 616 (2021) residents. Nestled between the Canadian Rockies and the Cariboo Mountains, this tight knit community offers endless opportunities to explore and enjoy the amazing landscape. Check out McBride for more information on this four-season playground.What Northern Health has to offer you!
•Comprehensive benefit packages including extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
•Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
•Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
•Employee referral program
•Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
•Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
•"Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.Qualfications
•Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.Skills and Abilities:
•Ability to determine and deal with emergent situations in a flexible and adaptable manner.
•Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
•Ability to deal effectively with others.
•Ability to use equipment related to patient care safely and effectively.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
Education and Training Health Care