Specialized Mechanical Engineering Manager: Harvey 1765
This position is responsible for leading and managing the Mechanical Engineering department during the research, development, production, and support of all products that are associated with, but not limited to mechanical systems and components.
This position will provide technical support with regards to pricing, promotional materials delivered to internal and external customers. Instructs, directs, and approves the work of other mechanical engineers.
In addition to having in-depth knowledge of the company's products, this position will need to continuously develop technical knowledge through research and client visits. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate the activities and operations of the mechanical engineering department and team members
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the mechanical engineering department
- Support implementation of plans to efficiently use materials, labor and equipment to meet production targets
- Participate in the design, development and inspection of technical projects or in the engineering work of the department
- Support product pricing, product maintenance and support, competitive analysis, and product/technical support training
- Development and design innovative products and systems
- Plan and manage departmental budgets
- Systems Integration
- Prototype Assembly & Testing
- Overseeing the mechanical assembly of prototypes
- Extremely proficient SOLIDWORKS CAD skills
- EPDM experience an asset
- MS word & excel
- Mechanical part design
- Part drawings
- Assembly drawing
- Min 5 year job experience required\
- Keen attention to detail with high level of accuracy, ensuring specific steps are followed to complete a task
- Ability to influence others
- Ability to work effectively in a customer driven deadline environment
- Strong mechanical aptitudeTechnical writing skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Able to motivate both sub-ordinates and customers
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or a college diploma in engineering technology is required.
- Eligible for a P. Eng.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
This is a fulltime position.
Salary is open depending on experience.