You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.The opportunity:
Transfer pricing is a key component of International Tax. It is estimated that over 60 percent of all world trade takes place between members of multinational groups. Transfer pricing rules address the prices charged on transactions undertaken within a multinational group. The transfer prices charged should be representative of arm's length prices. Tax administrations are concerned that transfer pricing rules can be misapplied so that the result is an allocation of profits within the Group that is not aligned with economic activities that produced the profits, thus potentially minimizing income taxes payable in certain countries.
Most tax authorities have laws, penalties and audit practices that aim to give them their fair share of tax, and taxpayers have noticed increased activity by the tax authorities. A recent survey of multinationals showed that they not only viewed transfer pricing as the most important international tax issue for them, they considered it more important than all other tax issues combined. With market globalization, ongoing expansion of companies worldwide and the tax authorities' growing knowledge and aggressiveness in these matters, we consider transfer pricing to be the most significant and difficult tax issue for our clients.
Specifically, you will work with and under the guidance of our talented Transfer Pricing team to assist our clients in addressing the various complexities, issues, challenges and opportunities that arise from the transfer pricing laws and conducting business in multiple jurisdictions. The assistance to our clients includes various forms of analysis, planning, verbal and written communication of findings and recommendations, drafting of reports, as well as defense against tax administration challenges to our clients' pricing.
In addition to Transfer Pricing, our team assists clients with a variety of Economic Services. These services provide the quantitative analyses clients need in identifying, assessing and addressing their most critical needs in the local and global markets. Providing advice that is based on the key principles of economics, accounting and finance applied to the clients' specific situations. What you will do
What you will do in Transfer Pricing:
- Assisting our clients to undertake and document tax-compliant pricing for intercompany transactions.
- Performing economic analyses to estimate market pricing for a variety of transaction categories including product sales, services, intangible property and loans
- Writing reports and other related deliverables that involve documenting and analyzing clients' transfer pricing policies.
- Helping our clients currently undergoing transfer pricing audits by tax administrations.
- Assisting with negotiating agreements with multiple tax authorities on behalf of our clients that reduce or even eliminate the risk of audit for past and future tax periods.
- Performing risk analysis of companies by reviewing their operations and identifying potential transfer pricing issues.
- Developing strategies to assist clients in managing exposure to the constantly changing and evolving transfer pricing issues.
What you will do in Economic Services:
What you bring to the role
- Economic cost modelling and analysis
- Pricing analysis and benchmarking
- Market equilibrium analysis
- Economic and social impact analysis
- Predictive modelling and data analytics
- Econometric modelling and statistical sampling
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Economics, Statistics, Math or Business.
- Proven written communication abilities.
- Strong command of the English language.
- Demonstrated commitment to client service.
- Outgoing, strong interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Technical skills including modeling, analysis, outstanding writing and communication, and great attention to detail.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills and econometrics skills (Stata, SAS, R, etc.) is an asset.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. The start date for this position will be October 2022 Application Instructions:
Our online application system will allow you to include up to five documents without losing your formatting. Applications can be addressed to Hiring Manager
and should include:
For an easy application process, please PDF all documents into one unlocked PDF file under the resume upload.
- Cover letter
- Electronic copy of your most recent transcript and/or GPA (unlocked transcript)
If you do not have access to an electronic copy of your transcript, we ask that you attach a screenshot of your grades from your school's website. Application Deadline: May 30, 2022 at 11:59PM PST
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.