Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy. As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
We currently have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Reliability Specialist within our Maintenance and Operations team at Canfor Pulp Ltd.
The Reliability Specialist will be responsible for condition monitoring and troubleshooting equipment, as well as advising maintenance and operations personnel on the diagnosis, possible corrective actions, and life expectancy of problem equipment throughout the mill.If you are interested and qualified, here are some of the main components of the job:
- At Canfor, Safety comes first. Safety must mean a lot to you and you must create a high level of awareness in the pulp mill environment. This includes compliance with all occupational health, industrial and safety policies.
- Your focus will be to provide technical support in the resolution of mechanical problems as well as the development and implementation of improvements and modifications to improve equipment reliability.
- You will play a key role in evaluating and utilizing current and new technologies for condition monitoring and diagnosis of equipment.
Here are the abilities you possess and role expectations:
- You are familiar with vibration analysis, and will support the collection of vibration data in a timely manner
- You will provide detailed analysis of problem equipment and recommend solutions to improve or repair defective equipment when necessary
- You will complete reports on maintenance requirements and schedule plans to repair equipment
- You will provide support to the Operating teams including but not limited to, leading meetings, completing reviews, and facilitating failure analysis sessions
- You understand the process of thermography, and will be able to perform regular Infra-red camera inspections and analysis, while maintaining a collection of IR Routes
- You are comfortable with the use of sonic and ultrasonic devices for condition monitoring of equipment
- You will request oil samples periodically and monitor results, while reviewing oil analysis data on equipment
- You will review maintenance and intelligence data collected by software and hardware systems in place, and support other condition-monitoring tools provided.
- You will monitor and review daily vibrating/noisy or high temperature alarms generated by software and hardware systems in place, and ensure proper corrective actions are taken to address any major concerns.
Hiring for this position is on-going. Please apply today!
- A strong mechanical background and knowledge of industrial equipment are considered a necessity
- Completion of an accredited CMVA Category 2, or Vibration Institute Level 1 course preferred, completion in two years after hiring required.
- A willingness to learn new concepts, suggest improvements, and initiate change when necessary
- Strong leadership characteristics as well as decision-making, and trouble-shooting skills are an asset.
- Attendance and participation in relevant training activities including Introductory Thermography and Oil Analysis will be required.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.