Specialist Quality Assurance & Programming WMO
1380 Burrard St, Vancouver, BC V6Z 2K2
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of PHSA safety, including both patient and employee safety, is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA's Agencies/Divisions/Services, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
The Specialist, Quality Assurance and Programming, reports to the Manager or designate, and is responsible for coding and maintaining applications used by OHSAH IT and its stakeholders, and leading and advising on quality assurance processes, including the development of test cases and scripts. The scope of the Specialist includes involvement with coding, testing, debugging, versioning, deployment, system installation, documentation, support and maintenance of the applications employed provincially by Workplace Health. Having regular and ongoing access to private and sensitive employee data, this role requires the knowledge of and strict adherence to PHSA privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures.What you'll do
What you bring
- Uses methodologies and technologies approved by the Manager in coding software functions, business rules and user interfaces for applications used by the WMO and its stakeholders.
- Provides expertise and advice on quality assurance processes with colleagues and health authority OHS Managers and Directors to ensure that complaints, errors, and deficiencies are documented, controlled, and corrective actions implemented.
- Creates test cases and test scripts that meet project requirements, business requirements, design documentation, workflow processes, test plans and release notes. Executes and/or coordinates testing, including unit testing, system integration testing, regression testing, end-to-end testing and user acceptance testing (UAT) for provincial Workplace Health applications. Conducts evaluations and assessments of current practices in order to identify alternatives and strategies for the delivery of quality processes.
- Develops and maintains the automation testing framework for functional and performance automated testing. Monitors quality reports, identifying and prioritizing problems, determining and recommending modifications, testing alternative solutions and reviewing the impact of implemented resolutions over time.
- Maintains software and testing documentation, using appropriate tools. Assists in creating new software application prototypes for review and approval by project stakeholders.
- Assists the development team in the installation and maintenance of backend supporting applications such as operating systems, databases, application servers or any other auxiliary software required by the applications.
- Assists the Senior Developer Architect in researching and recommending software technologies, methodologies and tools for upcoming projects.
- Ensures that all technologies utilized and test cases/scripts developed and maintained in accordance with Privacy and Confidentiality guidelines.
Skills & Knowledge
What we bring
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- As a strong asset for consideration, we are looking for our successful candidate to have: Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
- Proven ability to design software applications from a set of business rules or specifications. Excellent problem solving capabilities to find solutions to software challenges. Proven ability to communicate with managers, project stakeholders and team members effectively in both written and verbal form. Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both verbally and in writing. Experience with help desk or customer support work. Thorough, detail-oriented and logical approach to programming and testing. Experience with producing test plans and test scripts. Experience working closely with technical and business analysts. Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task. Knowledge of the PHSA health authority environment. Accurate and detail-oriented. Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth, development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
$59,344 - $85,308 /year. The starting salary for this position would be determined with consideration of the successful candidate's relevant education and experience, and would be in alignment with the provincial compensation reference plan. Salary will be prorated accordingly for part time roles.
1380 Burrard St, Vancouver, BC V6Z 2K2
Open Until Filled
Hours of Work:
08:00-16:00 (Monday to Friday) or as required to support business needs.
136688EAs per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reconciliation is an ongoing process and a shared responsibility for all of us. The BC Governments' unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a significant step forward in this journey-one that all health authorities are expected to support as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to establish a clear and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing commitment to work with Indigenous Peoples as they move toward self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown agencies must remain focused on creating opportunities that implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Mandate.