Reporting to the Learning & Development (L&D) Director, the Specialist, L&D is an innovator, knowledge translator, facilitator and change agent responsible for developing & delivering BCMHSUS educational programs and initiatives. In collaboration with the L&D team, designs, delivers and evaluates innovative educational strategies and programs such as: orientation, core competency training, special events and conferences. In this role, you will:
- Work collaboratively with program leaders, educators, and staff to assess program and cross-program clinical education needs and priorities and develops learning strategies and education plans to meet those needs. Implement and evaluate learning programs.
- Provide education, consultation, guidance and support to clinical educators on curriculum design, materials development and effective learning strategies including teaching, facilitation and simulation and provides on-the-job support to clinical educators and staff. Assist with site-wide implementation and coordination of initiatives. Establish evaluation plans using logic and Kirkpatrick models to ensure learning programs are meeting learning outcomes.
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of assigned competency-based learning programs for orientation and continuing education of staff, integrating these with professional practice standards and the performance management process. Ensure the development and updating of resources to support such education in order to develop and maintain staff competency with changing procedures, processes and clinical equipment.
- Ensure specialized programs/projects deliverables are completed on time and on budget, as identified in the project plan. Identify gaps and tracks metrics as they relate to the project deliverables and provides consultation, guidance and support to designated project staff, contractors and stakeholders.
- Develop, revise, and maintain existing educational programs as well as new program/course/conference development.
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Masters Degree in Education (Adult Learning. Education Leadership) or a related field.
- Five (5) years of L&D experience, including course design, material development and facilitation.
- Experience/certification in Insights, 360-feedback, and/or other leadership and development diagnostic tools an asset.
If this sounds like you, apply today! About Us BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services
- Expertise in instructional design, delivery and evaluation methods for individuals and groups.
- Expertise in graphic/document design and digital/elearn solutions.
- Video production experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of change management methodology and proven ability to translate it into practical business solutions.
- Successful project management experience.
- Strong interpersonal communication, leadership, strategic and innovative thinking, inspired coaching, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- A strong work ethic with the ability to effectively multi-task and meet deadlines.
- A consummate team player who will be willing to pitch in and co-facilitate and/or co-develop with team members.
- Commitment to, and demonstrated involvement in, continuous life-long learning.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly skilled with MS Office products, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel and other education-related tools and resources.
(BCMHSUS www.bcmhsus.ca) provides tertiary mental health and substance use services to adults across BC. BCMHSUS is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA.) PHSA
provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brand
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities
- Regular, Full-Time
- 0830-1630 Monday-Friday
- 70 Colony Farm Road, Port Coquitlam
Labor Agreement Excluded Requisition # 86388-2331911 Work Site 70 Colony Farm Road, Port Coquitlam Job Type Regular, Full-Time FTE 1.00 Hours of Work Work Days Expiry Date 11-Oct-2019